SVT NOS!

bouncer18

Established Member
not to create a scene or anything but last time i checked zex didnt offer a wet kit...

I-R-BABOON

Got Hose?
Established Member
Yeah we all questioned it, I looked at it today and he has The Nitrous spraying into the CAI, which I think makes it a dry kit but then he has a line going to the fuel line. I dont know anything aboot the Nitrous but thats what I saw

BLACKBANDIT2

Established Member
I talked to the shop that installed it and they said just what NastyWS6 said...that having a line going to the fuel line makes it a wet kit cause it mixes the NOS with the fuel.

BLACKBANDIT2

Established Member
oh and maybe I R BABOON should take a few courses in NOS before yappin about it, and stop tellin people that you are confused about why I HAD TO sell the T/A when you already know...My insurance went up to 8,000 dollars a year!!!

aksvt

Established Member
you said that you added power by advancing timing if i read the post correctly.im just curious what your going to do to keep the engine out of detnoation and preignition while on the bottle?my drag car uses a wilsons manifolds ported intake with a adjustable from 100 to 250 hp shot of nos.this is a pure race setup and also uses a purge selonoid.when the nos hits at 4000 rpm my timing automatically is retarded 9 degrees while running 114 octane race fuel to keep the motor out of detnoation.and compression ratio is only 10.5 to 1.svt focus needs 92 octane stock and with even a small shot at 75hp will eventually kill that motor without some steps to keep the motor out of detnoation.re:fuel, timing,etc.im just curuios about this because i have invested a lot of time and money to make my system work safley run after run with only 125 hp jets and this car has ran a best of a 10.06 at 126 mph.if a kit does exsist for my svt that wont kill it without running race fuel and retarding timing i would love to know.

I-R-BABOON

Got Hose?
Established Member
Originally posted by BLACKBANDIT2
oh and maybe I R BABOON should take a few courses in NOS before yappin about it, and stop tellin people that you are confused about why I HAD TO sell the T/A when you already know...My insurance went up to 8,000 dollars a year!!!

Accually im not "yapping" about the Nitrous im simply telling everyone what I saw and what I know about Nitrous and Its not NOS its Nitrous. NOS http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/Products/NOS/ is a brand of Nitrous, so I think your the one who needs the course in Nitrous. And I am still a little confused about selling the T/A cause you said you bought the Focus cause you wouldnt speed in the car cause you know it isnt fast yet you make it faster and faster everytime you cash a pay check and you even admitted that it will be faster then the T/A, when your spraying, THAT is what I dont get cause your just going to get in more trouble with that Nitrous!!!!!UMMMMKKKKKK:thumbsup:

Last edited:

FordFanactic4ev

Established Member
See the post from aksvt !!!!!!!!!!
you do not want to advance your timing with nitrous! If you dont have some electronics that will take out some timing when you use the nitrous expect to have big holes in the top of your pistons, and you can sure bet that the electrodes on your spark plugs will not last. I have over 20 years installing and using nitrous and i know of what i speak.you MUST have something to retard the timing when you activate the nitrous or you will have MAJOR problems.
Please, take off the advance cam gears.............

BLACKBANDIT2

Established Member
i was unaware of that and appreciate all of your help and support and I will do that immediately. you saved me, i owe both of you guys. Thanks! Ill keep you posted with the performance!

FordFanactic4ev

Established Member
NOS the company is indeed Nitrous Oxide Systems. I have been dealing with them since 1982, when to my knowledge, they were one of two or three companies, but by far the best. you can thank NOS for the safe systems we have today. They were innovators and paved the way for the mulitude of companies we have today.
Oh, in case you are not aware, most companies use the same components made by outside suppliers.

I-R-BABOON

Got Hose?
Established Member
Hey I was just reading a thread in a Subby forum about a kid who blew his motor cause he ran it too lean, too long. So my question is with all the intake and exhaust air that Bandit is freeing up do you think he should upgrade the fuel system? Or do you think he is good untill he gets some more mods.

Users who are viewing this thread