SVT Superfest -- Virginia International Raceway -- May 28-30, 2010

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
I'm having an absolute blast out here right now... the Z06 is incredible and this track is just super fun. I got to mix it up today with Rick our lead instructor today and we were hauling the mail around the track. We were both pretty evenly matched and it was the most fun I've ever had racing a car. For anyone thats having 2nd thoughts about doing something like this, just come do it. Its more fun than I ever imagined.

Also, good to meet Cassidy and Wheelhopper... you guys are nuts out there on the track. :rockon:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I'm having an absolute blast out here right now... the Z06 is incredible and this track is just super fun. I got to mix it up today with Rick our lead instructor today and we were hauling the mail around the track. We were both pretty evenly matched and it was the most fun I've ever had racing a car. For anyone thats having 2nd thoughts about doing something like this, just come do it. Its more fun than I ever imagined.

Also, good to meet Cassidy and Wheelhopper... you guys are nuts out there on the track. :rockon:

Michael:

Glad to hear you are having a good time there! :-D SCMC is a great club that puts on fantastic events. :dancenana:

Say hi to the "Man Whore" (Rick) for me. Sorry I couldn't be there. There are few things I enjoy more than running with the hammer down at VIR!!! :rockon:

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I'll be there to debut my T1 prepped C5 Z06. Running in the orange group and hopefully I might be moved up into the advanced group. Come by and say hey.

Is this the same Michael Smith that called me a few months ago to ask me, "Is it the car, or is it you?"

If it is, when did you move to Knoxville?

-Kevin

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I dont' know if we want to post pics/vids here or in a separate thread. So I'll start here since I'm lazy.

Here's the first session on Saturday morning-Blue (advanced) group.
The white fox is Wheelhopper-sliding his Nitto's!

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/12182023"]SVT Superfest at VIR May 29, 2010 Session 1 on Vimeo[/ame]

More to come later.....

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Ryan, it wasn't fun seeing your trailer head off into the sunset. Wish you had tried the superglue. :shrug:

Superglue, duct tape, I'm not sure she still would have complied, and after seen the Vette flip on Friday, I didn't want to push it.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

PushinTheLimit

Established Member
+1 on having a blast. Great crowd on track. And Michael is absolutly Hauling Ass!!! Good show. :thumbsup:

Thanks man... car ran great out there. VIR is an absolute blast to run. Last session on Saturday, I got to run door to door with Rick in his car. All I can say is we were hauling the mail and flying around the track and it was awesome! I was just glad to hang on to his bumper for a few laps and try to learn something. :rockon:

Is this the same Michael Smith that called me a few months ago to ask me, "Is it the car, or is it you?"

If it is, when did you move to Knoxville?

-Kevin

Don't think that was me... although there was another Michael Smith from NC at this event, could've been him. :shrug:

Last edited:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Yeah, that was funny in the driver's meeting when Tony was calling role and would go Michael Smith-North Carolina.... Michael Smith-Tennessee.... LOL

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Yep, it is Michael Smith-NC that I know.

Was he still sporting the silver 03 vert with the neon green snake on the side?

-Kevin

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Yeah, Kevin. I think I met him. He was there with a couple guys named Robert (white 96-97 runs TTB), and Burke (a red 97 to die for). We were all out together, and them guys were bookin'.
They're in a couple of my later session videos that I'll get up in the next day or two.

Was kinda hoping to see you there. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread