SVT vs. Cobra "Snake" center caps

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
where do we go to buy the gel overlays tho? i just received the rims in the mail from AM just the other day and i'm contemplating leaving the "AmericanMuscle" style center caps in there due to me not wanting to go through the trouble of dealing w/ issues like what you just described.

gel overlays over top of the center caps that do fit the rims doesn't sound like all that bad of an idea tho

This is who im going to [email protected]

I have never used his stuff but have seen some gel overlays he has done and they are top notch. The guy that i use most of the time has put his business on hold so he told me to use the guy above.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
hey man, were your caps originally too big or too small to fit on your wheels? if they were too big, i am assuming that you used the tape after you had ground your's down to get it to stay in there, right?

My stock SVT caps were too SMALL ... the tape holds them in place much better!! :rockon:

bbk03gt24

Established Member
This is who im going to [email protected]

I have never used his stuff but have seen some gel overlays he has done and they are top notch. The guy that i use most of the time has put his business on hold so he told me to use the guy above.

awesome... i will most likely end up going down the same avenue as you do since the overlays seem to be the most convenient fix to our issue. i really appreciate all the info man!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I just looked on ebay and you can buy center cap stickers. They are 2.25in in diameter. Think that might work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Someone on here sells svt stickers to put over center caps. $20 I think.

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
awesome... i will most likely end up going down the same avenue as you do since the overlays seem to be the most convenient fix to our issue. i really appreciate all the info man!

Anytime bud!

Im going to order some new plain center caps from American Muscle and order the gel overlays. Its the only way around the center cap problem.

I couldnt tell you how many center caps i have lost in the last 2yrs:cuss:

bbk03gt24

Established Member
Anytime bud!

Im going to order some new plain center caps from American Muscle and order the gel overlays. Its the only way around the center cap problem.

I couldnt tell you how many center caps i have lost in the last 2yrs:cuss:

that's exactly what i was planning on doing. to me, that would be way easier than trying to get the overlays over top of the generic "American Muscle" caps that come with the wheels from AM.

you wouldnt happen to know the average turnaround time for the guy(s) at Devriessigns would you? i tried checking out their website, etc. and didnt find anything so i shot him an email and have yet to hear back... prob bc it was over the holiday weekend & all, but i am so ready to get these rims on my car that i almost cant sit still - i was going to try and have the center cap issue resolved b4 i installed them so i was jus curious as to the timeframe that i could expect in regard to a turnaround on everything. i can wait forever if these things will enable me to have the next best thing to the 'SVT' center caps tho haha

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
that's exactly what i was planning on doing. to me, that would be way easier than trying to get the overlays over top of the generic "American Muscle" caps that come with the wheels from AM.

you wouldnt happen to know the average turnaround time for the guy(s) at Devriessigns would you? i tried checking out their website, etc. and didnt find anything so i shot him an email and have yet to hear back... prob bc it was over the holiday weekend & all, but i am so ready to get these rims on my car that i almost cant sit still - i was going to try and have the center cap issue resolved b4 i installed them so i was jus curious as to the timeframe that i could expect in regard to a turnaround on everything. i can wait forever if these things will enable me to have the next best thing to the 'SVT' center caps tho haha

I have talked to the guy but he did say he would be gone from friday til tuesday so that could be why he hasnt answered. He hasnt got back to me either from thursday evening.

If i do hear back from him i will let you know bud. I do know that he has a lot of stuff for sale on ebay and i will try to find the link when i was pointed toward him and post it

westray

0563 SVT
Established Member
Just an update for everyone on the gel overlays

The guys name is Roger and really easy to work with and prices are very fair also.

Here is his website with about everything you could ask about

Index of /Decals

bbk03gt24

Established Member
Just an update for everyone on the gel overlays

The guys name is Roger and really easy to work with and prices are very fair also.

Here is his website with about everything you could ask about

Index of /Decals

westray is right on the money w/ everything he said above. i would have posted sooner, but got caught up w/ work stuff this week. Roger seems to be a dream come true for me and my center cap debacle - so far the customer service from him has been unprecedented, the prices are excellent, and from the looks of his overlay pics his quality is top-notch as well. i will post an update when i receive the overlays, but i'm sure that they will be just as fantastic as Roger has been so far.

Users who are viewing this thread