SVTADVISOR bashing lost my temper

El Culebra

Established Member
I would like to apologize to anyone I have offended regarding the flaming, and untrue statements that were made those statements were made out of anger and frustration and for that I am sorry. Lance, and Thor I hope you could for give me for my frustrated comments I made, and we can move on you folks did provide good service. I am just fed up with all the problems I have had with the car after spending all that money it kind of hurts. I also need to say that Lief Johnson Ford is not at fault here it seems that dealerships are gotten tough on the "modded" car.

The dealership I just picked my car up from said they couldn't find any chirrping and as soon I pull it into the drive way it chirps, wow talk about being a little frustrated. in addition my tensioner pully went bad and they told to jump in the lake because I modified the Eaton pulley they couldn't touch it. So I guess I'll just have to eat crow and shut the hell up drive around in a brand new 03 Cobra that sounds like it's 10 years old.

:(

maoun

Established Member
sorry to hear man...keep at it and you'll figure it out...that's the fun part with these cars...

Juiced-03

Established Member
hey man, my T. pulley went bad too but it was just the bearings. The bearings are three bucks at autozone. Just replace the bearings and your pulley is fixed! I have had the chirp many time but it always ended up being the belt. The idler pulleys have been the culprit on occassion also

If the pulleys are not the problem, try putting on the stock belt to see if the noise goes away. If it does you know you need a new belt.

Last edited:

El Culebra

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words I solved my my tentioner problem a little shot of WD40 I will buy another and then make sure it's lubed smooth lidle now.

Now my tranny is the one thats chirping it only happens when the car gets warm while pressing down the clutch pedal.

mm

Juiced-03

Established Member
yep sounds like a throw out bearing. Very common on these cars. But my chirp goes away once I tap the clutch pedal.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Juiced-03
hey man, my T. pulley went bad too but it was just the bearings. The bearings are three bucks at autozone. Just replace the bearings and your pulley is fixed! I have had the chirp many time but it always ended up being the belt. The idler pulleys have been the culprit on occassion also

If the pulleys are not the problem, try putting on the stock belt to see if the noise goes away. If it does you know you need a new belt.
I had some bad chirping and like you said, it turned out to be the belt.

A quick way to check it is to get a spray bottle with water and spray the blower belt as the motor is running. If the chirping disappears for a few seconds and returns, it is the belt. My belt was actually only 3 months old. I've got the stock belt on there now and everything is fine. I was told that aluminum idlers tend to glaze the belt which causing the chirping. ??

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I feel your fustration to have a car not repaired when you spend so much money. And thought that was cool you apologise about the situation. But warranty should be givin on non affected items.

I have been going threw tons of problems with dealer & warranty line, and a totaly inept regional warranty rep for Ford named Dedrick Rogers for Mn area. My conclusion was made due to he did not follow threw on my complaint that the warranty claim people never looked at car.

He was able to observe the problems of the car apparenty from the arm of his chair also somwhere to say it was modded with octang booster.

Its fustraiting to not be covered when so much money is spent.

Users who are viewing this thread