SVTFocus owners

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Ok guys, just wanted to know what your milage is, your mods are, and the MAJOR problems you are having... Than You... Just trying to get a feel for you guys.... :banana: :pepper: :banana: :pepper: :banana:

Switchblade550

Established Member
2002 Pitch Black with 52,XXX. I have a Tune by hypnotic, K&N drop in, VF Rear Mount Ford Racing STS. My problems I have had/have in the past year and three months of ownership include:
2 Clutches (Covered)
DSI, Intake Mainfold (replaced) (Covered)
2 Bent wheel studs (pain in the A$$)
2 Bent five stars (swapped out for the summer with Gold Rally wheels)
2-3 inches of water in passenger side footwell after rain (still a problem)
O2 sensor (covered) Bad again.......
Shift linkage cable snapped (covered)
Axle bearing, New half-shaft (covered)
1 Headlight replaced due to condensation (covered)
Thermostat Housing leak (new seal and clip fix)
I'm sure theres more........
I love the car and thankfully due to my warrenty I have only had to pay the deductable on most parts. But the car has spent more than a month of the 15 I have owned it in the shop. I will hopefully be in better financial status next year to unload it and move on to something else but I still enjoy the car and driving it.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
2 days after I bouhgt the car new, the computer crashed!!! They instaled a 2004 computer and flashed it with a refised tune. For the 3 months, I had 02 sensors go out every week!!! Then I started modding and had no other problems. 21k so far, and the only thing I need to replace are the motor mounts and clutch. I have too much torque for the stock mounts, and the motor lifts so high under load that my intake tubes have a tendacy to pull out! And I'm still on the stock clutch, sooo.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Bought my '04 brand new in Sept. '04. No real problems as of yet w/ 17K miles, though I do have two small issues.

1) Passenger's side Switch for the heated seat is touchy. Sometimes I have to mess with it to turn the heat on, but once it is on, it works just fine. I'm kind of waiting for something else to go wrong before I take it to the dealer, as I hate to give it up for a day just for a stupid switch.

2) I get a random (at best) check engine light - P0133. I believe it's an O2 sensor code. I don't really think anything is wrong with the engine as it runs fantastic, and the CEL is so random. Sometimes I can go for months without getting the CEL, then I get it a couple times in the same week.

Also, a few weeks back I reloaded my stock tune and left it in the car for a couple weeks. Never got a CEL at all. Though, since I put my Custom tune back in the car, I got the CEL twice. I just think something is a little touchy that triggers the code, otherwise it would be coming on all the time, IMO.

If the motor was running rough, got bad mileage, etc., I'd be concerned, but it's just the opposite - it runs great.

machslammer

Established Member
2002 SVT sonic blue focus
33k miles
75 shot nitrous, rear trans mount, cold air.
Bent 2 5 star rims
Dsi clip broken and had to replace it and actuator box
clutch is about to die
Just burnt a couple exhaust valves and the motor is getting an overhauling (my fault; not cold enough plugs)
Drives like a dream when she is running and gets me from point a to b quickly for a 4 cylinder.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Awesome input guys, so far im impressed with the SVTFocus, this is the only way to get a real feel for the car...From other people that is... Im at a little over 12k, with Ported TB, and CAI, check engine light keeps comming on, I gave up turning it off lol. It keeps telling me its running to rich (duh) No major other problems, some rattles here and there (no big deal).. Thnx again guys.. Good racing to ya...

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

svtwheels

Established Member
Dd

The focus is my dd and I'm in sales so... 56K so far. It's bone stock minus the K & N filter. No problems so far but I've only had it for about 4 months. Trans feels a little funny sometimes... nothing confirmed yet.

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
2002 Sonic Blue 2 door, 41,000 miles, dd, stock

(1) Audiophile volume knob doesn't work well. When I turn it either direction, the volume decides which way to go on its own. (I just use the steering wheel mounted). This should be covered by warranty but I have not done anything about it yet.

(2) The gas or clutch cable sawed through a coolant hose on the rear of the engine, this flooded the IMRC and fried the chip and motor. This was covered by warranty.

Other than that everything is great. I've owned it for a year and put about 20K on it.

SVT_2000Contour

Unloading it in your GF!
Established Member
2002 Sonic Blue 2 door, 69,XXX, dd

1.) Clutch, Flywheel and Trans. replaced around 50k
2.) Battery, Alt. replaced around 60k
3.) Damn o2 sensor problems
4.) Bent 5 spoke rim
5.) Left side camber is way off thanks to bent struts - waiting to replace
6.) Dash lights flicker now and then

Just got my new 6 spoke 2004 SVTF rims and tires put on this weekend.
The trans. went out due to the prev. owner. Same with the clutch, it had chunks missing. :bash:

6SpeedLover

Established Member
Hotrod Tommy said:
2002 Sonic Blue 2 door, 41,000 miles, dd, stock

(1) Audiophile volume knob doesn't work well. When I turn it either direction, the volume decides which way to go on its own. (I just use the steering wheel mounted). This should be covered by warranty but I have not done anything about it yet.

(2) The gas or clutch cable sawed through a coolant hose on the rear of the engine, this flooded the IMRC and fried the chip and motor. This was covered by warranty.

Other than that everything is great. I've owned it for a year and put about 20K on it.

HotrodTommy, my car has the same 2 problems lol, I use the steering wheel controls also (head unit volume knob is wacked out)
And second my throttle cable dug a groove on the top of my valve cover, (cheesy red wire loom solved that problem) doesnt look that bad...

6SpeedLover

Established Member
SVT_2000Contour said:
2002 Sonic Blue 2 door, 69,XXX, dd

1.) Clutch, Flywheel and Trans. replaced around 50k
2.) Battery, Alt. replaced around 60k
3.) Damn o2 sensor problems
4.) Bent 5 spoke rim
5.) Left side camber is way off thanks to bent struts - waiting to replace
6.) Dash lights flicker now and then

Just got my new 6 spoke 2004 SVTF rims and tires put on this weekend.
The trans. went out due to the prev. owner. Same with the clutch, it had chunks missing. :bash:

For one I just want you to know that your front End rocks man (very tight) For two, cant wait to see the pics. of your new rims :rockon:

6SpeedLover

Established Member
svtwheels said:
The focus is my dd and I'm in sales so... 56K so far. It's bone stock minus the K & N filter. No problems so far but I've only had it for about 4 months. Trans feels a little funny sometimes... nothing confirmed yet.

Fun car to be in all day, im guessing you do alot of driving (being in sales) thnx for the input :rockon: .

elliot400

Certifiable SVT Poster
Established Member
2002 Sonic blue, 30000 miles, JRSC with 3.4 pulley and wet 75 shot. Lots of other little mods. Broken lower mount, fogged left headlight, all the other screw ups were my fault. I honestly cannot believe this car still runs as strong as she does with the beating she's had from day one. I was bouncing her off the rev limiter the first day, racing at stoplights on the way home from the dealership. She's never let me down, except like above, when it was my fault. Great car, she'll be in the stable for a long time. E-

6SpeedLover

Established Member
elliot400 said:
2002 Sonic blue, 30000 miles, JRSC with 3.4 pulley and wet 75 shot. Lots of other little mods. Broken lower mount, fogged left headlight, all the other screw ups were my fault. I honestly cannot believe this car still runs as strong as she does with the beating she's had from day one. I was bouncing her off the rev limiter the first day, racing at stoplights on the way home from the dealership. She's never let me down, except like above, when it was my fault. Great car, she'll be in the stable for a long time. E-

Holy Balls man!!! Cool story, and nice mods.. Are you still running on Stock Clutch??? Btw, nice numbers you got there..

BlueOhTwo

...it's just a Focus
Established Member
2002 Sonic Blue, original owner, 11,000 miles. Not my daily driver, but when we're out together, it's quality time. Welded-up my broken cat bracket, and replaced that defective dsi clip with a JRSC + BBK. No other probs to speak of, as she's a good girl and I take care of her. Other mods include FRPP STS and VF rear mount, coated header, and a homemade cold air snorkel to the stock airbox. Everything else is fine as is, so no need to mess with it (except for the cruise control, which I yanked.. c'mon, cruise control on an SVTF?).

kennym01

Established Member
42k on the odometer. 1 TSB 04-6-1, front suspension clunk. Other than that no other issues. Compared to my 01' Mustang GT, which was always in the shop, this car is a gem...

Hotrod Tommy

SVT Poster
Established Member
Man, even when peeps have problems with their SVTFs, they still love 'em! Shows how great they are, I guess.

Shout out to all the Sonic Blues!

JSSVT

Established Member
i have a 04 svtf
mile mark 3500. i put a jrsc. couple months later i made my own bbk kit. after a while, i was having a problem with the belt slipping. i sold that for what i have now.

i have a custom turbo manifold, gt30r, tial wastegate and bov, diablo tune, apixe tpye r boost controller, stg3 spec clutch and 7 lb flywheel, blow through maf, precision intercooler, getting a intake manifold and more tunning time.

problems

had a little eletrical, clutch blew up, tuning problems, sun roof flipper thing broke. i think thats about it.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
BlueOhTwo said:
2002 Sonic Blue, original owner, 11,000 miles. Not my daily driver, but when we're out together, it's quality time. Welded-up my broken cat bracket, and replaced that defective dsi clip with a JRSC + BBK. No other probs to speak of, as she's a good girl and I take care of her. Other mods include FRPP STS and VF rear mount, coated header, and a homemade cold air snorkel to the stock airbox. Everything else is fine as is, so no need to mess with it (except for the cruise control, which I yanked.. c'mon, cruise control on an SVTF?).

:lol: :lol: I think you love your SVTFocus more than I love mine (lol), and that is saying alot.... (quality time)???? rofl.. Nice post man, glad that you love it. Thanx for the post :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread