SVTFocus Top Speed Question????

HaveBlue83

Established Member
All I wanna do is top it out....to 160MPH that is.........if I ever get a procharger, I WILL do that ;) and I want a pict of it as well........that'll be hairy......I'll have to get a video clip of it I guess

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
BrookhavenTuner said:
but a tuned in exhaust camgear might help a little too.

SVT already has a tuned exhaust. An ORP would help a little bit but not significantly- maybe 5whp or so? Exhaust gears don't really do anything on SVTF either. From my experiences (and many others) the only real way to increase power dramatically is to go FI or hot cams.

And the Focus is a nightmare from an Aerodynamic POV. Why would you want your bubble to go over 135mph? The damn thing scares me at those speeds! haha

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
Bryan- Lol I have done some ballsy things in my SVT and especially the 44- Alot more than just going in a straight line at 135MPH. I just think top speed runs in a "Focus" is a little bit comical...

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
aww ok. I had a Car and Driver magazine from 2004 they reviewed to 4dr SVT and said its top speed was governed at 130.

PSI87

Banned
Now I don't own a svtf, but my opionion reguarding top speed safety is this. The actualy mph is less important than the time it takes to get there. I remember back when my SRT-4 was nearly stock and it slowly went through the 140's to top out at like 154. In my opinion, that was more dangerous than when the car was heavily modded and just flew up to 160, then back down.

Users who are viewing this thread