SVTOA Membership

KNGOBRA

Banned
Just got my SVTOA welcome kit today and I can't figure out how to logon to their web site with a username and password. Is it included with the kit? I got the membership card, but what does that have to do with logging into their web site? Does anyone know how or what username and password to use??

Thanks. :shrug:

King Cobra 03

Established Member
yea call the 800 number, they will ask you what user name you want. it took them almost 3 weeks to activate my membership and when they did they gave me a crappy user name, not the one i had picked out and told i was getting.

kom

Established Member
I just got my package yesterday. Wooowww!!! 37g's for a car and all they send you is a stupid looking keychain and lapel pin and a couple pieces of paper. Pretty crappy. How about a nice leather Eddie Bauer key fob and embroidered dufflebag like I got with my Eddie Bauer Bronco in 1996. The SVTOA stuff is real crap. The whole package looks like a bunch of literature to BUY other stuff. Oh yea.. They give you a one year membership to the crappy SVTOA web site that nobody goes on. I logged in today and posts are so few that they don't fill one screen for months.. Did I say that whole thing was crappy???:shrug: :shrug:

KNGOBRA

Banned
Originally posted by kom
I just got my package yesterday. Wooowww!!! 37g's for a car and all they send you is a stupid looking keychain and lapel pin and a couple pieces of paper. Pretty crappy.

:cuss: Yep...kinda what I thought too, they even had my address wrong!!

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
Originally posted by kom
I just got my package yesterday. Wooowww!!! 37g's for a car and all they send you is a stupid looking keychain and lapel pin and a couple pieces of paper. Pretty crappy. How about a nice leather Eddie Bauer key fob and embroidered dufflebag like I got with my Eddie Bauer Bronco in 1996. The SVTOA stuff is real crap. The whole package looks like a bunch of literature to BUY other stuff. Oh yea.. They give you a one year membership to the crappy SVTOA web site that nobody goes on. I logged in today and posts are so few that they don't fill one screen for months.. Did I say that whole thing was crappy???:shrug: :shrug:

You're right! At the very least, we should have received a complimentary SVT Focus to drive on crappy days, and a portable garage to cover the Cobra during crappy weather. Do you realize that what they DID send probably raised the cost of the car $50....

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
I got my literature yesterday...and I agree, SVTOA is crap.

Of course, price perception counts as well. Give something away, it's crap. If we had to buy it, it has perceived value.

The only event that would be worth going to in my area is SVTs at The Gap, and that's out since they just repaved it and tookt he speed limit from 45 down to 30! Sheesh. Try again guys, but make it something interesting. Oh yeah, also do it before my one year free membership runs out. :burn:

Model TNT

Established Member
Re: Do you realize that what they DID send probably raised the cost of the car $50....

Pretty much on the money. That's why generic brands at stores cost more. Included
in the price of items sold include the cost of the brochures, the sales aids, the SVT
magazines, the SVT kits, the postage, the price to hire the people who do the mailings,
the cost of their space to store and assemble 12,000 SVT kits, the "free" membership
that is added into markup elsewhere, the marketing department's salaries, the cost
of their phone calls, their computers being on all day while they check their stock
portfolios, their travel expenses, the convention rental space, the convention graphics,
the meals they buy the magazine people to give the car good press, John Colleti's
retirement package and the same for all the other execs, the goodies that they give
to each other at awards ceremonies, the trip to Arizona for all the SVT reps to test
drive the cars, and yes, that SVT web guy's salary who keeps bopping in here.

Part of the profits of any company on any product go to funding their fear that if
they don't advertise it, it won't sell. So, we paid for our cars, we fund Ford Credit,
we help the state and federal governments with the sales and income taxes plus
the gas guzzler tax, and the dealers want us to pay for their SVT franchise by
passing on the sticker markup.

The car probably costs $14.95 plus $34,450 markup for all the beers the marketing
department has while at conventions, and passes off on their expense accounts.
They have their resumes out as we speak, hoping to get jobs at Chevy or Nissan,
showing what they did to launch the '03 Cobra, and are hoping they get the jobs
before the public finds out about the quality control issues, and that we bought
our cars because they're fast, and not because we got a keychain that we paid for
anyhow. They see Ford's bottom line, and while they're trying to tell us the new
performance division is a business upgrade, it's a reorganization due to crappy
sales for the rest fo the company. They don't even care enough about updating
the web page to show the color changes.

The ad agency did a great job with the design of stuff, and with the mailing, but
getting the package was like getting crap in your stocking on Christmas morning.
The ad agency probably submitted some great stuff for Ford to go with, I'm
sure that a product manager or two had some better things they wanted to go
with, but someone along the way spent way too much trying to advertise something
that isn't selling, they said screw the Cobra buyers as they're going to buy the cars
whether we advertise them or not, so let's eliminate this and that, give them the keychain,
screw updating the web page, and let's go out and have chateaubriand for lunch and
make the ad agency pay for it, just so they can keep the account.

One wonders if my shooting my mouth off has anything to do with my getting my SVT
kit within a few weeks, even the SVT dude at the toll free registration number was
amazed, saying the average is 10 weeks to get your kit. Used to take 10 weeks
to get your car, back in the old days. I feel bad for the people waiting for cars,
amidst the rumors of more quality control issues for the Cobras and Mach 1's.

Grab your "free" stuff, and run.

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Model TNT - You must be a freakin Lawyer or something.. :-D That's the funniest thing I have read in quite some time.

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
I like mine.

I think it's pretty cool that we get the packet and a free 1 year membership to SVTOA. :shrug:

Go ahead... Let me have it :burn:

edz

Retired.
Established Member
What a bunch of winers!!!!! SVTOA isn’t an organization that is in existence to search you out to give you things. It is an organization of local, and regional enthusiasts that belong to a national organization. Its prime function is to provide support for events. They provide equipment, sponsorship (money), and most importantly insurance for track and show events sponsored by local chapters. Most of the locals have their own web sites so yea the national board is not used that much. (I remember back when there were only about 10 posters on this board.) If you are not getting anything out of your membership it is because you have done nothing, again we are not going to hunt you down and beg you to participate, and give you things. Find your local chapter and get involved then you will see what that membership means.

ronreid03

Established Member
Got my kit in the mail 6 weeks after purchase. It's no great thing to me but I doubt the car would've cost less had these not been produced.

I see it as an attempt to add members to the SVTOA which we should do in order to promote learning in the vehicles capabilities and sharing of our enjoyment of the SVT products.

I would've rather had Cobra floor mats!

Ron

Model TNT

Established Member
edz ,

Not disagreeing with you there buddy, it is better to get effort
than get none, just noting that it's not free, it comes out of the
Ford advertising budget, and everything, including the events,
is to get us to spend more money on Ford stuff. All companies
do it in some manner, and it is great to get something back.

But, it is business, and if you'd have been in as many meetings
with big companies on this kind of stuff as I have, you'd see
that it is all so they can up profits. Rock bands get weary of
signing autographs at autograph sessions, but do it, and often
put up with a lot of abuse, to make sure they sell CD's.

I did send an e-mail to my local chapter, never heard back from
them, perhaps it's because I canceled my order when the
dealership wanted 5 grand markup, and they happen to be the
sponsor of the local chapter, plus the meetings are at their
dealership. I still haven't gotten my $1000 deposit back from them,
which I placed down in March, and next week is lawyer time.

I also sent out e-mails to the chapter itself, and went to one event,
no one was there, haven't heard anything back, it appears to be a
lean chapter, unless I'm missing something.

I was hoping to be able to hang out with a bunch of people who seem
to enjoy things as much as you, and do stuff in groups, so if you have that
available in your area in a quality manner, I'm happy for you.

There is a general Mustang club here in New Jersey, will look into that.

Have a great day, man.

gchronis

Get used to avatar
Established Member
When I get my package, I'll try to get into SVTOA. The local chapter is probably 120 miles away from where I live -if there is one. I'll just try to get into SVTOA through the web and interact with them, cause of one and only one reason: They are a very accurate source of information on mods on cars we don't have much information on (like the '03 Cobra for example). I don't care about the "free" stuff but I do care about the "free" info. Granted, this info may be influenced in one way or another by FoMoCo, but I'm still willing to give SVTOA a shot and ask my questions and judge from their responsiveness and their answers. Just my.02
(did we change this to .03 as in Cobra, now?)

Snakin

"No Worries Mate"
Established Member
I dont know if it will actually happen but a guy from SVTOA told me today that most of the backlog of Welcome kits have been mailed out this week, so anyone who's had their car for 4-6 weeks or more should rcv their stuff real soon.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Received mine today. No plans to open it. Put it in safe keeping with the rest of the "POST COBRA MATERIAL". Something to sell on Ebay in 2023 for 21.99!

Mac03Cobra....

genus5033

Established Member
:D

Woohoo! Got my kit yesterday. Put the keychain on and got 20 more horses. Can't WAIT to see how many I get with the sticker! Seriously though, I live in Austin, Texas with THREE SVT dealers, two of which are Saleen dealers and a Roush Dealer. There's a TON of Lightnings and quite a few Cobra's runnin' around this town and NO SVTOA chapter anywhere near here. What's with that??:shrug: I asked Leif Johnson (the dealer) about it and they said they might start a chapter here. So, with no chapter here in town what does it do for me?? Damn hard to participate when you have to drive 4 hours to Dallas to go to a meeting eh?:cuss:

COBRAJIM9999

Established Member
Insteading of Bitching make a Change

Hey I read all of the flames on SVTOA. Now I am the Chapter Director of the Long Island SVTOA and am attempting to put together a quality club. We had a dyno day a couple of weeks ago and we had 18 guys run their cars and Rick from Amazon Racing came down to tune and promote his wares. I agree the welcome pack is not huge but neither is their budget that Natinal SVTOA has to play with. If you want fun actiivities and to meet people who love their cars like you do than this club might be right for you. Many people find it easier to bitch than to join a club and become an officer and start planning activities and getting them running. I know its not easy and we have alot of SVT vehicles in the area. Anyway bye the way if anyone is interested in joining our local chapter please email me at [email protected] See you soon Jim Maloney. P.S. Edz you were right on the money as always.:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread