SVTOA Membership

stangfan

When in doubt.. Floor it!
Established Member
Funny... Too funny... this whole post!

Keep in mind guys that this car is the best $ you can spend for the HP/performance.

Not to mention that it's a Mustang. IMO, the symbol of American freedom/heritage!

I agree... the key chain (etc.) was $hity, and you have to call a 1- 800 for a user name/password but hey, it's still a lot less money than a vette!

Peace,
stangfan

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
At some point in time, folks will come to realize that the SVTOA is not Ford Motor Company, it's a CAR CLUB.
The people who have posted about taking part in chapter events have it right- It's about meeting other SVT owners, hanging out, making new friends and having a great time. Keep in mind that the individual chapters are run by other SVT owners LIKE YOU GUYS AND GALS. They are not run by Ford Motor Company execs, they are sponsored by SVT dealers.
Some of the chapters are very well run, well organized, and the members regularly have a great time. Others are not so well organized and the participation is perhaps not what it could be. Get involved! It's not about what came in your membership kit, it's about the experience of enjoying your car!

There are some excellent local chapters all around North America.

Feel free to visit our NEW forums, where you can register whatever name you want (as long as it's not in use by someone else) and you can tell us how you feel, like you did here, but your message will be seen by the people who need to see it.

The url for the new forums is http://www.svtownersassociation.com/svtforums/

On another note, I belong to the Wisconsin Chapter, and we have cool events all summer. Tomorrow we will be at Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove, Wisconsin. We will be there at 12:00 noon and will race up to 8:00PM. Anyone that's close enough to attend, please come and visit. We don't charge local dues and you're welcome to hang out with us, member or not. We'll show you a good time, we had a Day at the Drags event earlier this year, it was well attended and we had a blast. Our chapter is well run and we manage to have a good time. (and no, I am not a chapter officer, I'm a MEMBER)

Snoker

Established Member
Edz,

Nice post and too the point. You are correct, SVTOA is trying to organize local chapters and provide track and other fun events for SVT members and other Ford owners. Both the national and local chapters have some growing pains, but everyone ask theirselves how many other of the big three are making the effort to provide additional activities and a sense of belonging like SVT. The local chapters are out there and just begging for all age groups of SVT members to participate. It is an opportunity for everyone to mold a chapter into an organization that is fun, challenging and beneficial for everyone. Make you local chapter what you want it to be and ask for assistance from National.

Our St. Louis chapter is just getting off the ground. Our Chapter executives are very dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced people. We have had quite a few local events, including WFT challenge participatiion with SVT, on track events with other SVTOA chapters at quality tracks in Midwest, meeting and dinner at "Dave and Busters", chapter participation in several major midwest all Ford shows and the providing of current and future information from the SVT personnel in Michigan. I for one believe SVTOA has potential and hope everyone gives it a fair and honest chance.

An added bonus are several members who are Ford technicians and own SVT products and are willing to help with mod questions and some of the issues that plague those of us who might or have done mods and are interested in warranty issues.

Just my thoughts!

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Thanks for the support. The South Florida Chapter is getting ready to have its second meeting tormorrow. South Florida has the potential (weather and SVT vehicles) to become one of the largest and strongest chapters in the country. The officers have done a lot of work and it looks like its coming together. For those of you who do not have a close chapter move to South Florida, or come see us while on vacation. Remember its usually around 70 here in January.:coolman:

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge

OK. I checked out the link and there were basically no posts on the forum. I have considered getting on the forum to see of there would be inside Ford information available, but I am too busy to call during business hours to register. Also, I do not carry my membership card around with me. My constructive suggestion, that, to increase traffic on your site, would be that you either send a preliminary user name and password with the membership package, or, make it possible to obtain this by internet. Just my 03.

The froums I directed you to were about three hours old (we just launched the new forums the other day!)

You pick what name you want to use there, it's a public access forum.
On the subject of what SVTOA is all about, vs. what comes in your membership kit- Please see my post about our drag day event that we had on Saturday. Look at the pictures...

CLICK HERE

Also, for what it's worth.... Regarding the cost of membership (free one year membership notwithstanding)
a LOT of SVT owners, myself included, love to drag race. SVTOA members who race at Great Lakes Dragaway get a $5.00 discount off the price to race when they show an SVTOA membership card. If you go racing 8 times over the course of the 8 months GLD is open, you have just got all your membership fees back in savings...

NOTE TO THE OTHER SVTOA CHAPTER OFFICERS WHO HAVE POSTED HERE OR ARE READING THIS: Please use the new board to post your events! You can also post a followup to them, pix and details! These are the things we need in order to show others that belonging to SVTOA is not about getting some goodies in the mail, it's all about having a good time. Everyone who came to our event on Saturday had an excellent time, and that's what it's all about!!!

Will's97

Established Member
Yep, it’s a conspiracy. They are just out there to get more of my money. And they are doing a pretty good job at it because I bought 03 because of them. Was invited out to the unveiling of the 03 back in February before the public got to see it. Met some of the engineers that work on the car. Got a great parking spot at the Woodward dream cruise, along with the plant tour. Got 3 track events, Indy, Mosports, Gingerman. Got to sit down with Colletti and Scarpello(sorry if miss spelled) and BS.

Yep, you better all stay away, Can't you here that sucking sound, it might get you, and it sure got me.........and all of my money!!!

wcoxsr

Established Member
i got my svtoa mailing, and i agree. not really anything to talk about for a car club. when i joined the svt cobra mustang club, i got a whole lot more. and the club is great. website to view whats coming up, cruise in, car show, track events, drags etc...
a monthly chat sesson,email and much more. ive enjoyed every min. of the club. Check out the web page and see for yourself.
www.svtcobraclub.com. I think you will agree that this club is going places. and best of all its national. clubs are poping up in every city.come on and join us, and see how much fun were having. and the best part is , its only cobra owners!

Big Daddy

Open Track Junkie!
Established Member
Originally posted by wcoxsr
i got my svtoa mailing, and i agree. not really anything to talk about for a car club. when i joined the svt cobra mustang club, i got a whole lot more. and the club is great. website to view whats coming up, cruise in, car show, track events, drags etc...
a monthly chat sesson,email and much more. ive enjoyed every min. of the club. Check out the web page and see for yourself.
www.svtcobraclub.com. I think you will agree that this club is going places. and best of all its national. clubs are poping up in every city.come on and join us, and see how much fun were having. and the best part is , its only cobra owners!

Gee Bobby I was just getting ready to talk up the SVT Cobra Mustang Club. BUT I see you beat me to it! wcoxsr is correct there isn't another car club that gives you the BANG FOR THE BUCK as the SCMC. Come to the site and see what all you get for ONLY $15.00 a year!!!

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
I called for my username and password last week (when I got my packet). They said it would be ready last Friday (10/4), but I keep trying the username and password they gave me and it doesn't work? Should I keep waiting (I know they're busy) or should I call again :shrug:

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
Originally posted by Elapidae
I called for my username and password last week (when I got my packet). They said it would be ready last Friday (10/4), but I keep trying the username and password they gave me and it doesn't work? Should I keep waiting (I know they're busy) or should I call again :shrug:

You don't need them for the messageboard, we have a new system and we want folks to use this new system- You can register yourself under any name you wish..

http://www.svtownersassociation.com/svtoaforums/

Elapidae

Festively Plump
Established Member
OK... I'm there. :-D

Same username Elapidae

Won't I be excluded from some of the "Member" features?

Greg@SVTOA

A.K.A Greg@GLD
Established Member
You will able to access the messageboard areas. There are some members only areas on the SVTOA main site that you can't get to right at the present, like MYSVT, but you can create a nice user profile on the messageboard and also see the other member's cars and such there. We'll find out what the problem is with your membership info, but you may also contact Tom Lynch at [email protected]

I saw that you regsitered at the new forums- If you need any help with your user profile, avatar, or any other issue, let me know and I will do my best to assist you... :D

Users who are viewing this thread