SVTOA Mountaineer Madness Registration is open.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Daren, Rodney. Be sure to look me up while there. I must have seen you guys before, I've helped with tech there in the past.

Dale, have you checked to see if Anthony's roll bar won't fit with the light bar? It's a different bend than mine.

dragon40k

Established Member
I know this is old but where is everyone staying? SVTOA says the Holiday Inn is doing the Saturday night meal. Is that the most likely place?

Gastrader1

Established Member
It is the host hotel and it has a bar. The room block is available unitl 4/15/08 and there are not many rooms left. The majority of the people are staying at the Holiday Inn.
Brian

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I managed to convince my buddy Mick to come down and instruct. I also managed to convince him to take the two car trailer so I could hitch a ride.

I'm the king of swindling.. :)

This is especially so because I'm going to throw the "Oh man.....I've never driven the diesel with a two car hauler on it, I don't think it is a good idea if I drive at all" card.

;)

03'Darin

Established Member
Daren, Rodney. Be sure to look me up while there. I must have seen you guys before, I've helped with tech there in the past.

Dale, have you checked to see if Anthony's roll bar won't fit with the light bar? It's a different bend than mine.

Missed this post earlier Greg. I'll re-introduce myself to you :-D we met two years ago and talked a bit last year.

Watch out for me in this managerie of used parts. :eek: Hopefully I've got the bugs worked out and I can get down to burning up tires, brakes and fuel!! :burnout:

TrackCar1.jpg

My plan was to spend the winter getting the body in at least half respectable condition. But when I got the car to the track last fall for only it's second event since the build it turned out I still had a few issues to work out. So the winter was spent doing that. This event will be the first one out since then so hopefully everything goes well.

I can't wait to get back on the track, see everyone again and hit the WV nightlife again.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I managed to convince my buddy Mick to come down and instruct. I also managed to convince him to take the two car trailer so I could hitch a ride.

I'm the king of swindling.. :)

This is especially so because I'm going to throw the "Oh man.....I've never driven the diesel with a two car hauler on it, I don't think it is a good idea if I drive at all" card.

;)

Weaseler. :nono:

Missed this post earlier Greg. I'll re-introduce myself to you :-D we met two years ago and talked a bit last year.

Watch out for me in this managerie of used parts. :eek: Hopefully I've got the bugs worked out and I can get down to burning up tires, brakes and fuel!! :burnout:

TrackCar1.jpg

My plan was to spend the winter getting the body in at least half respectable condition. But when I got the car to the track last fall for only it's second event since the build it turned out I still had a few issues to work out. So the winter was spent doing that. This event will be the first one out since then so hopefully everything goes well.

I can't wait to get back on the track, see everyone again and hit the WV nightlife again.

Damn, that looks like a race car. :eek:

But one of your springs fell out. Have to fix that before tech. :D

03'Darin

Established Member
Weaseler. :nono:

Damn, that looks like a race car. :eek:

But one of your springs fell out. Have to fix that before tech. :D

Up close it looks more like a demo derby car. :dw:

I figured out where that spring went and put it back so I'm good with that for tech. But I still haven't found the front calipers yet, will that be a tech issue?? :-D

wheelhopper

Established Member
I'm up for a ride in the fox body, Darin. Mine is still sitting in the garage. I have a rich and idling condition that I just have not made time to address. Not to mention I still have factory brakes on it. Stock fox brakes and OT just don't mix.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Up close it looks more like a demo derby car. :dw:

I figured out where that spring went and put it back so I'm good with that for tech. But I still haven't found the front calipers yet, will that be a tech issue?? :-D

I believe all we check there is the pads. :thumbsup:

03'Darin

Established Member
I'm up for a ride in the fox body, Darin. Mine is still sitting in the garage. I have a rich and idling condition that I just have not made time to address. Not to mention I still have factory brakes on it. Stock fox brakes and OT just don't mix.

I've got a passenger seat with a full harness so you're good to go.

I have a mild built 351 (425 hp/ 430 tq) with a Proform 750, Tremec 3550 and an 8.8 with hardened axles and an Auburn. I had bought a used 750 Holley with a Proform main body off of e-bay. That carb ended up needing a complete going over so I re-sold it and bought a new Proform 750, it works great now. The car has a torque arm, panhard bar, sn-95 front control arms and 4 corner weight jacks. I did two sessions at Watkins but fought carb issues, then I went back for another event with the new carb and fought driveline vibration issues. I think I tracked that down to drive line angle. I did a tubular custom k-member that dropped the motor 1/2" over the winter that should have taken care of that problem. I got about 3 laps at Watkins with the car working ok and I ran a :14xx on the long course, within 2 seconds of my best AS lap time there. Once I get chance to do some adjusting and dialing in the car should be quite a bit of fun. So the car has shown some great potential.

I believe all we check there is the pads. :thumbsup:

Can I just throw them on the front seat. :lol1:

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
No, I totally got your sarcasm, and was being sarcastic back.
Guess we're the type that doesn't venture into the Smackdown forum. :beer:

03'Darin

Established Member
No, I totally got your sarcasm, and was being sarcastic back.
Guess we're the type that doesn't venture into the Smackdown forum. :beer:

Damn right!! Let's take it to the track!! LOL

Gotcha... thought you took it wrong with the :loser: symbol.

See everyone in May!!

03'Darin

Established Member
Thought I'd bring this back to the top. I was doing some final prep on the track car yesterday and can't wait to get to the track. Several of us are trying to coordinate all meeting up to drive down together. Hopefully the weatherman will cooperate and give us some beatiful weather to start the season off.

dragon40k

Established Member
Thought I'd bring this back to the top. I was doing some final prep on the track car yesterday and can't wait to get to the track. Several of us are trying to coordinate all meeting up to drive down together. Hopefully the weatherman will cooperate and give us some beatiful weather to start the season off.

Where and when will you be meeting? If I can manage the departure time I'll tag along since we live so close.
I still need to bleed brakes and install new front pads (and bed them in) and install the brake cooling ducts I ordered and I'll be ready to go.
Anything you suggest I bring? Backup pads? Maybe not needed but just in case?
How do I get you as my instructor?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
If, by chance, anyone runs into someone who registered in the novice group, and they can't make it and are looking for a replacement, one of our club's members waited too long for registering, and is hoping for a cancelation.

Users who are viewing this thread