SVTP Examines Early 2015 Mustang Quality Issues

SVT Wylde

The Accountant
Established Member
Meh they just need to implement LEAN and put up a KAIZAN board and they should fix everything :)

I had to LOL at this one. The Whirlpool plant I work at has done the same thing. Our assembly line workers are hired for $10 dollars/hour, offered no benefits for 1 year, and work on an assembly line that runs so fast you can barely keep up. The workers just throw them together and get them out the door to meet production. It looks like Ford is doing business the same way.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If you really want to know what going on I'm going to tell you the truth and the truth hurts ! There are people now assembling these cars that are making 12.67 an hour at the base or starting pay . For that kind of money do you really think that they give a shit ? Ford and the unions caused this problem !

People that work at In and out Hamburgers that I know make more than that ! If you think its going to get any better in the coming years your fooling your self. Just on a side note GM with there Camaros are just as bad as Ford in the assembly and QC departments.

I just saw out in in southern California at one of the Honda plants they are hiring for sub assembly and production line for 12.43 an hour (lol) Once again in life you pay for what you get so if all these manufactures want to low ball there employees well this is the shit your going to get in return .

And as always have a nice day !

How long does a new hire have to work before they are eligible for a pay increase?

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
If you really want to know what going on I'm going to tell you the truth and the truth hurts ! There are people now assembling these cars that are making 12.67 an hour at the base or starting pay . For that kind of money do you really think that they give a shit ? Ford and the unions caused this problem !

Tier 2 workers make $17/hour at Ford. Tier 1 workers make considerably more. Regardless of what they are paid, they should be doing their job properly.

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
What is different with my GT premium (LEFT) and the same spec build GT premium (RIGHT)... I am contacting ford customer service.

front.jpg
correctgtgrille.jpg

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
Yep, looks like you may have gotten the wrong lower grill. And you have a front plate, which sucks.

Yeah the plate was there before I got the car but I need a front plate anyway, That lower grille is the V6/Ecoboost/50year package grille not the GT and GT PP. However even with the plate that lower grille looks like shit, if I had the proper GT grille like it is supposed to it would definitely look better.

This is a V6 from a dealer here in MA..

7363524ecb7d13d04d86ec5f5de7cf91x.jpg

This is a GT Conv Premium 401A Package non PP also in MA.

8e4bc746524acb915f2bc9ef540f1599x.jpg

The Ecoboost has a matching lower grille like the GT does.

ec23d391bed6bf0c8aa2345dc50db51ax.jpg

Last edited:

BMR Tech

While under my car over the weekend, I noticed an empty hole where the side skirts/rockers mount, at the very front behind the back tire.

Looks like they forgot to pop the pins in there. ?

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
I spoke with the dealership today and they stated they were told that is the lower grille you get if they ran out of the matching as designed grille, he told me its the correct grille, but that is not true and kind of pisses me off, so is he saying that if they ran out of 5.0s then I should except the 3.7 in my GT? or the GT350 can come with this lower grille if they ran out of the matching GT350 grille? I think not. I am engaging customer service, I get it but it takes away from the look and AS DESIGNED build of the car.

bpmurr

Established Member
Yeah the plate was there before I got the car but I need a front plate anyway, That lower grille is the V6/Ecoboost/50year package grille not the GT and GT PP. However even with the plate that lower grille looks like shit, if I had the proper GT grille like it is supposed to it would definitely look better.

This is a V6 from a dealer here in MA..

7363524ecb7d13d04d86ec5f5de7cf91x.jpg

This is a GT Conv Premium 401A Package non PP also in MA.

8e4bc746524acb915f2bc9ef540f1599x.jpg

The Ecoboost has a matching lower grille like the GT does.

ec23d391bed6bf0c8aa2345dc50db51ax.jpg

The lower grille on the silver V6 also is on GT's with Adaptive cruise control.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I spoke with the dealership today and they stated they were told that is the lower grille you get if they ran out of the matching as designed grille, he told me its the correct grille, but that is not true and kind of pisses me off, so is he saying that if they ran out of 5.0s then I should except the 3.7 in my GT? or the GT350 can come with this lower grille if they ran out of the matching GT350 grille? I think not. I am engaging customer service, I get it but it takes away from the look and AS DESIGNED build of the car.

Find another dealer to deal with. Don't waste your time going back to the same dealer. Call ahead of time and explain it to the service adviser.

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
The lower grille on the silver V6 also is on GT's with Adaptive cruise control.

There may be something to this, I confirmed that all the GTs on Rodman Fords lot are 401A package with ACC options, all the GTs at Herb Chambers Ford 400A and 401A package premiums are all non ACC equipped and all have the normal GT grille installed.

3.7cyclone

AKA Bananana, 5.0yote
Established Member
I wish I would have known this prior to getting the one with ACC I might have opted out for the standard grill. This one just looks so out of place with the top grill. Well I have it now. At least this is settled and confirmed by Ford today. So my dealer once again is full of bull shit per usual.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I went over my car pretty good when I picked it up just over a week ago. There was a little variance in door panel gap but overall the gaps were acceptable all around the car. The fender bolts all were fine. I did notice that all the stitching was white/light gray on the seats and door panels but black on the e-brake handle, shifter boot, and center console lid. I wish it all matched but it's not that big of a deal.

The issue I have is my car is plagued with the now infamous brake squeal. A vast majority of affected cars are GT's and PP EB's with the standard brakes. The GT PP cars not so much, except for my car. After the brakes warm up there's a squeal that comes from the front passenger side brake right before I come to a stop while I'm rolling slow. At speed they don't make any noise. Braking performance is fine but the squeal is loud as hell. The closest I can come to describing the sound is if you were blowing across the top of an empty glass bottle. It's annoying and embarrassing. I can brake in a way that I can avoid the sound from happening, but I shouldn't have to. I'll be taking it back to the dealer to get it sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread