SVTP Reviews The 2015 S550 Mustang Color Palette

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

The 2014 North American International Auto Show in Detroit, MI marked the largest gathering of new S-550 2015 Mustangs in one place. Ford rolled out several as-of-yet unseen color options including one I've affectionately taken to calling F'n Yellow, after overhearing a conversation between a few Ford employes concerning the Mustang's color palette. The official designation for the yellow hue is Triple Yellow, but that name may not be set in stone. When asked, Ford said, "Color names are subject to change before the car comes to market. So... for now Triple Yellow is the official name. It could, in theory, change closer to when the car goes on sale." So I suppose we'll have to wait and see if all of the current names remain.

However, there's a few colors I would like to see make the transition over to the S550 Mustang. One of my favorite colors, which thus far has only appeared on performance models, is Molten Orange. I believe that metallic color would look great on the new Mustang's curves, and few colors are more impressive in direct sunlight. I also have a lot of love for some Mustang colors from the past. Bright Atlantic Blue is a great paint finish and Ford hasn't had a color similar to it in years. Also, while I really like Gotta Have It Green it is definitely time to see a return of Electric Green or possibly Dark Highland Green. I could certainly see a new Bullet Mustang model based on the S550. Check out the full color palette for the 2015 Mustang below:

• Magnetic - Dark Gray Metallic
  • Race Red - Carry-Over color from 2014
  • Ruby Red - Tri-Coat Metallic, also a carry-over color
  • Competition Orange - Made famous on the Terminator Mustangs and last seen on the 2012 Boss 302
  • Triple Yellow - Tri-Coat Metallic that is absolutely stunning in daylight
  • Guard - A Green-Gray Metallic that appears more green in direct light
  • Deep Impact Blue - Another popular Mustang hue making the move to the new platform
  • Black - Always a popular choice and, always a maintenance intensive finish
  • Oxford White - Work-Truck White as I like to call it.
  • Ingot Silver - Metallic Silver, also a carry-over color

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_021.jpg

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_022.jpg

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_023.jpg

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_024.jpg

2014_NAIAS_Tues_Mustang_025.jpg

Photos by StacyStangz

-SID297:beer:

NavAv

Established Member
Definitely liking the comp orange for this one. If I trade in the '14 for the new one, that'll be the color I get

Helomech74

Established Member
I'm really liking the Guard color and looking forward to seeing it in person. I wish Ford would release a metallic black or metallic brown (root beer color) on the mustang.

Mach828

Established Member
when is ford going to ditch the plain white and plain black in the mustang line up? I want a 3 stage white or black with some pearl!!!!

Ssgthooligan

Established Member
Favorite colors

There are a few colors that are nice but nothing that says "I want that"!!
When is Ford going to put some metallic in the White? Oxford white sucks! I own a 2013 PW Gt and I wish mine had some flake in it.

PhillyLS1

Established Member
I love the new colors. Glad Ford is getting BRIGHT.

However I can't get over the looks of this car in person. I'm hoping there's a mid year change like the 2012 into 2013.

FABMAN

Established Member
Deep impact blue, race red and ruby red are major wins in my book. Oxford white is a true fail...bring the dam tri-coat white from the EDGE already...are you listening Ford!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread