SVTP stock pick thread.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
anything you guys are eyeballing?

Pretty much the entire market lol. Been drastically changing the way I trade, trying to get away from ONLY using TA and price action and start incorporating fundamentals and looking at the bigger picture. Really been reading and focusing on currencies and bonds the last few weeks so haven't traded very actively, but have take some options plays. I have also really been getting more into options so I can learn how to get more exposure for possible big moves coming up this year. Will definitely be eying some long-term puts in the market.

Yesterday I bought 10 TLT 138 weekly puts that I am up 500% right now. Tomorrow I will be picking up some calls/puts for all the earnings next week.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
4149283320832ce31f363d565cc4e3b7.jpg

She will see 50 soon

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

D1984

Whining
Established Member
anything you guys are eyeballing?

Still keeping my eye on MGT waiting for something I like

200_s.gif

I'm also watching BBRY, waiting for them to get rid of their CEO so I can buy their stock. Then they will come out with some huge innovative product that changes the world like Apple did when they were on the verge of collapse. Then I will ride it to the moon and will be making "One more reason to hate D1984" threads. Yes, this is my destiny

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Pardon me for crashing the thread with ignorance, but: Your trade confirmation says that SGY was trading at $5.97 on the 14th, but Google is telling me that it opened at $23.59 that day, and closed at $22.51. What am I looking at wrongly, here? :??:
Google didn't count the reverse split

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
news: pokemon go could boost apple sales by $3 BILLION

right now it's time to buy more apple :)

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
OPGN -Just picked up a few hundred shares at $4.01. Looking for a crazy type of move above $5.50 this week. Risk is about 3.50 area

nxhappy

Established Member
question, do you guys have a preferred stock screener that you like to use ?

MG0h3

Established Member
what brokerage are you guys using? Ive been using Scottrade without issue for years.

I bank with BOA and can get 30 free trades a month if I move to Merrill Edge with them. The reviews look good but I looked at some consumer complaints and YIKES! For comparison I did the same for Scottrade and found very similar complaints; mainly revolving around getting your money out of the account. Might just be whiners so Im taking the complaints with a grain of salt.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
what brokerage are you guys using? Ive been using Scottrade without issue for years.

I bank with BOA and can get 30 free trades a month if I move to Merrill Edge with them. The reviews look good but I looked at some consumer complaints and YIKES! For comparison I did the same for Scottrade and found very similar complaints; mainly revolving around getting your money out of the account. Might just be whiners so Im taking the complaints with a grain of salt.

I used Merrill Edge, and I always got my money out. However, when I used them, their platform was absolute garbage for my needs. I use SureTrader for trading equities, and I use Thinkorswim as my main trading platform amd I also use it for options. With TD you can get options comissions down to $1.50 with a free dough.com course

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
TWER - 2.5 Million float, chart looks good, volume coming in last few weeks heading into earnings. 200ma at 6.30, could get a nice move up. I am long $2.67, stop is $2 area.

Steve1578

Established Member
question, do you guys have a preferred stock screener that you like to use ?

During market hours, or just for research purposes? If not during market hours I recommend http://finviz.com/screener.ashx

Finviz is great outside of market hours.
I like Finviz especially for position trades because I like how they have all the fundamentals thrown together.
The quick view also helps to spot good patterns while quickly browsing through.

Users who are viewing this thread