SVTP stock pick thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
This is how you know you're in a bubble.

Rivian Automotive is expected to go public at a higher market cap than FedEx​

Nov. 09, 2021 2:48 PM ETRivian Automotive, LLC (RIVN)By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor12 Comments

Electric Vehicle Company Rivian Sets IPO

Spencer Platt/Getty Images News

• Rivian Automotive (RIVN) is now expected to price its initial public offering above the top of the marketed range of $72 to $74 per share, according to Bloomberg.
  • Rivian is offering 135M shares in the IPO, which means if it were to price the IPO at $75 it would bring in $10.1B to help fund the company.
  • A stronger-than-anticipated pricing would also raise the market cap of Rivian to above $70B or bigger than the caps for FedEx, Lululemon or Capital One.
  • Rivian Automotive (RIVN) is expected to price its IPO tonight and officially go public tomorrow.
  • Dig through the early analysis on Rivian from Seeking Alpha authors.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Rivian has delivered less then 170 vehicles to costumers outside of Amazon's 10,000 of 100,000. A 57 billion market cap with a 1 billion in the red this year is nuts.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Rivian has delivered less then 170 vehicles to costumers outside of Amazon's 10,000 of 100,000. A 57 billion market cap with a 1 billion in the red this year is nuts.

Meanwhile NAKD does a huge merger.. makes money.. and goes down lol

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Rivian blazes to new high and has a bigger valuation than Honda, Ferrari and Fisker combined​

Nov. 15, 2021 12:52 PM ETRivian Automotive, Inc. (RIVN)By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor11 Comments

• Rivian Automotive (NASDAQ:RIVN) is 13.73% higher and traded at a new high of $150.39 earlier in the session to take the market cap to over $115B. The valuation on Rivian (RIVN) is now more than the market caps of Honda Motors, Fisker and Ferrari combined.
  • Trading volume on Rivian is already over 41M shares just halfway through the session.
  • There is some news out today on the electric vehicle upstart, with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reporting that Rivian is in late-stage talks to open a vehicle manufacturing and battery plant in the Atlanta region.
  • Interest in Rivian (RIVN) is not cooling off even with Lucid Group and Polestar-Gores Guggenheim catching noticeable attention today.

q6543

Established Member
Rivian has nothing to do with being or not being in a bubble.

It is a pure and fresh Alpha generator, simple as that.
You get a new stock in a hot sector with probably a 30% or higher implied volatility when the makers put out the options chain.

The 100B plus valuation has NOTHING to do with the company AT ALL. They are along for the ride... it's just a flashy new alpha generator that can and will make them shxt loads of money on their positions for a few years.

You. Can. Too!.. BUY 100 shares... write deep ITM calls on the. If you think it's overvalued... sell puts naked if you want to buy it cheaper...
There are mechanics here that matter.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member

Rivian blazes to new high and has a bigger valuation than Honda, Ferrari and Fisker combined​

Nov. 15, 2021 12:52 PM ETRivian Automotive, Inc. (RIVN)By: Clark Schultz, SA News Editor11 Comments

• Rivian Automotive (NASDAQ:RIVN) is 13.73% higher and traded at a new high of $150.39 earlier in the session to take the market cap to over $115B. The valuation on Rivian (RIVN) is now more than the market caps of Honda Motors, Fisker and Ferrari combined.
  • Trading volume on Rivian is already over 41M shares just halfway through the session.
  • There is some news out today on the electric vehicle upstart, with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reporting that Rivian is in late-stage talks to open a vehicle manufacturing and battery plant in the Atlanta region.
  • Interest in Rivian (RIVN) is not cooling off even with Lucid Group and Polestar-Gores Guggenheim catching noticeable attention today.
Should be good for Ford stock because they own a piece of Rivian.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Rivian has nothing to do with being or not being in a bubble.

It is a pure and fresh Alpha generator, simple as that.
You get a new stock in a hot sector with probably a 30% or higher implied volatility when the makers put out the options chain.

The 100B plus valuation has NOTHING to do with the company AT ALL. They are along for the ride... it's just a flashy new alpha generator that can and will make them shxt loads of money on their positions for a few years.

You. Can. Too!.. BUY 100 shares... write deep ITM calls on the. If you think it's overvalued... sell puts naked if you want to buy it cheaper...
There are mechanics here that matter.

It is not gonna make it a few years. Elon looked around and made a decision.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
Lucid (LCID) is making a good push. I'm interested in seeing what it does. I scooped it up a few months back in the teens. My portfolio looks strong at the moment.

Last edited:

Fat Boss

Established Member
My 85 year old mom was telling me last night about her first stockholders meeting after she retired. It was a relatively new company, but with a lot of promise. The stockholders meeting was in a small board room about the size of an average living room. There were about 20 people there and the CEO went around shaking hands and thanked everyone for being there. She still has all her shares of NVDA. She can't remember what she paid, but in that timeframe it was certainly less than $2/share- split adjusted. Go mom!

NVDA is up $25+ or 8.5% today to $317.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I don't normally follow bio stocks, but since I have diabetes, I thought I would pass this one on. If the phase 3 trials go well, could really pop.

ORMP

Users who are viewing this thread