SVTP stock pick thread.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
What're youse all using to trade?

I've got my longterm sorted (like 20yr+), trying to get my feet wet with some shorter term trading
i use thinkorswim mobile and desktop app, by TD ameritrade. there are a lot of options, fills are better than robinhood and webull, and they have let me know you have a free 40 minute phone call with someone to answer any questions or go through stuff on the website with you. the guy i talked to was so helpful, for free, it was weird almost lol.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I went from Morgan Stanley to Scwhab for day to day trading.

Unloaded 71 shares of Microsoft and bought Goog.

While Amazon didn't get their desired outcome when they split, I think Google will not tank after their 20:1 split on the 18th

MG0h3

Established Member
I went from Morgan Stanley to Scwhab for day to day trading.

Unloaded 71 shares of Microsoft and bought Goog.

While Amazon didn't get their desired outcome when they split, I think Google will not tank after their 20:1 split on the 18th

I was surprised on the Amazon results too. But they reported declining revenue right before the split. I bought shares between 25 and 45% off their high. Gonna have to sit on it for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Acorn, because who doesn't take investing advice from an animatronic squirrel?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Interesting company and the author makes a fair case. I think energy is the place to be for the foreseeable future with the Green Insanity causing a lot of decisions that will cause energy shortages down the line. I'm gonna think on this one, like any company turning the corner, the devil is in the details.

Ticker: GEL

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Inflation reportedly up 9.1%. Could be a rough market today but who knows? Many subscribe to the belief that stocks are good investments for inflationary times.

The betting is for more and higher rate hikes by the Fed almost guaranteeing an induced recession to reduce demand. Higher end housing sales are collapsing already.

VegasMichael

Established Member
The betting is for more and higher rate hikes by the Fed almost guaranteeing an induced recession to reduce demand. Higher end housing sales are collapsing already.
Housing supply is going up too. When I sold my house in Vegas last May there were about 75 homes for sale in my particular zip code. I checked this AM and there are now 225, many with price reductions. Higher interest rates can also be bad for stocks too. People see decent yields for Treasuries and CDs and move money from equities to those. I remember back in the early 80s one could get a 30 year treasury bond paying like 15% a year.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Housing supply is going up too. When I sold my house in Vegas last May there were about 75 homes for sale in my particular zip code. I checked this AM and there are now 225, many with price reductions. Higher interest rates can also be bad for stocks too. People see decent yields for Treasuries and CDs and move money from equities to those. I remember back in the early 80s one could get a 30 year treasury bond paying like 15% a year.

My in-laws would only invest in CD's, it was a sad deal hearing them talk about rolling them over year after year making nothing. But they were afraid of anything else. But, they both worked until they couldn't, lived like church mice and had no credit cards. He also built the house they lived in by himself paying cash for materials. He hand dug his septic system for the house by himself. They never had a loan of any kind, always paid cash.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

That hasn't happened here yet. My neighbors house just sold a month ago for $80k over the $500k asking price.

VegasMichael

Established Member
That hasn't happened here yet. My neighbors house just sold a month ago for $80k over the $500k asking price.
Like Weather Man said, real estate is localized, and that was a month ago. Times are achanging. I'm not sure how many people are moving to MA now. Are you in the Boston area? I know in my area, western NY State, there wasn't a huge run up in prices like other places the past decade.

MG0h3

Established Member

Fear of missing out.

They are likely going to be stuck there for many years unless they want to take a hit.

Just a couple “back on the market” emails from Zillow.

Redfin and Zillow just reported about 15% of contracts are being cancelled.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Like Weather Man said, real estate is localized, and that was a month ago. Times are achanging. I'm not sure how many people are moving to MA now. Are you in the Boston area? I know in my area, western NY State, there wasn't a huge run up in prices like other places the past decade.
I'm 15-20 minutes North of Boston.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
SQQQ has been nice on these down SPY days. You can play it on the 4hr fairly consistently

Users who are viewing this thread