SVTP stock pick thread.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
META's cash burn on the metaverse shows no sign of slowing down, that's a problem. I think they are vastly overestimating people's willingness to wear these headsets.

Or

Less and less people want censorship and Facebook is the worst of the group

q6543

Established Member
Truly impressive how amzn, meta, googl, shxt the bed sooo hard and the market digested it and is now grinding higher.

Sure looks like that S&P 3500 was the low... bitcoin never even sniffed for a lower low.

But 3month 10 year finally inverted. And that is the true recession indicator... I think it needs to stay inverted for a minimum of 90 days and the market rallies for the 12-18 months leading into the big one.

So we may finally get a bad economic recession.... but not until late 2024/2025.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
lol Funny you should mention that one as I was looking at it yesterday.
Do you use a stock screener? The one I have with Vanguard is horrid.

I use the SA newsfeed and peers tab. I have multiple folders setup and when I see something interesting, I drop it into the folder for a deeper look later. I periodically purge each folder of the weakest ideas. I will occasionally use the SA screeners, but I really use the newsfeed the most now. They post winners and loser short lists throughout the day, and I always look at the losers to scavenge potential turn arounds. It is amazing how many companies have lost their covid bump and then some and are now quite attractive.

This is my current list structure.

• All Portfolios 17 Portfolios
  • BOND & EQUIVALENT 17 Symbols12 New Headlines
  • Capital Markets 14 Symbols12 New Headlines
  • Curious11 Symbols 20+ New Headlines
  • current 27 Symbols
  • EVALUATION 0 Symbol
  • INDUSTRIALS 17 Symbols20+ New Headlines
  • INSURANCE8 Symbols 11 New Headlines
  • LARGE CAP 17 Symbols20+ New Headlines
  • LIKE IT 8 Symbols20+ New Headlines
  • Lithium/Hydrogen 11 Symbols15 New Headlines
  • MEDIUM CAP 11 Symbols20+ New Headlines
  • OIL 23 Symbols
  • REAL ESTATE 27 Symbols20+ New Headlines
  • SMALL CAP 15 Symbols17 New Headlines
  • Traditional Banking 17 Symbols4 New Headlines
  • ULTRA LARGE CAP 16 Symbols20+ New Headlines
  • UTILITIES 13 Symbols2 New Headlines

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The nice thing about the lists is that articles about your pics automatically drop in.

RUNVS?

Established Member
My account actually bounced back fairly well last week and gained over $52,000. The Dow industrials and blue chips were pretty hot. Every one of my American Funds investments were in the green, too. Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the final quarter of 2022.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I won't be buying META unless the longer time frames line up, and won't hold even then for longer than a swing most likely...that said, all these huge companies that just had a 20% drop do look appealing(AMZN, GOOG, META)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

q6543

Established Member
They did a really good break down of meta's spend on this week's all in podcast.

They plan to spend 250 Billion on it through the next decade... the equivalent in today's dollars to the entirety of the Apollo space program.

And the question is will the metaverse have enough impact on the future of humanity to justify so much cap-ex.

I do think it's part of our next leap forward personally, augmenting digital 4 dimensional worlds into our physical existence.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread