SVTP stock pick thread.

Fat Boss

Established Member
The semiconductor equipment co's are getting back in favor, finally. FSELX is a good way to have a reasonably diversified stake in the semi industry. Some individual leaders are ASML, AMAT, KLAC, and LRCX.

Since that day:

ASML up 56%
AMAT up 98%
KLAC up 93%
LRCX up 109%

FSELX up 78%

These are very large, established companies in a market with brutal barriers to entry that have huge war chests to endure downturns. Typically the upturns last 3-4 years.

RUNVS?

Established Member
On the bright side, in 2023, we took out $37,516.00 from our IRA and added it to our social security income. Despite this, our account balance is still $7,762.57 more than it was at this time last year. Counting the withdrawals, that would translate to roughly 6.3% growth. That's within the market average, but well below what our broker typically earns us. There have been years where our EOY ROIs were in the 14-16% range.

Our EOY averages have been less, since I retired two years ago and our broker flipped our stock/bond ladder. It's now 31% stocks/68% bonds/1% cash.

Last edited:

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Super glad I sold at 214 lol

58af1e157589e6d41479a6e6fd28d399.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

q6543

Established Member
I keep saying it, NVDA is on it’s way to becoming the most valuable company in the history of the world.

I can’t begin to imagine it’s value a decade from now in the 2030s

Fat Boss

Established Member
The company I work for, Lam Research (LRCX) is reporting earnings after the close. As always, the forward looking statements are more important than how much we made in the quarter. Micron had a good outlook for 2024, but if they have a lot of unused capacity it might not translate into a lot of sales for us just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread