SVTP stock pick thread.

Fat Boss

Established Member
MSTR is on fire today. My LRCX just keeps chuggin'. I'm hoping it will pull back at the end of the month when our yearly stock grant gets converted from dollars to shares.

poisoned apple

Established Member
This is a cool thread. My first time seeing this. I’ve been making a killing on Adobe, Nvidia, SAIA, QQQ. But Paypal has been my nightmare. When they had a huge drop down to low 100s I bought like $20,000 worth and since put another $12,000 in as it went lower. So i’ll probably put some more in tomorrow after that 11% down today. I think it’s a really good buy at this price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
This is a cool thread. My first time seeing this. I’ve been making a killing on Adobe, Nvidia, SAIA, QQQ. But Paypal has been my nightmare. When they had a huge drop down to low 100s I bought like $20,000 worth and since put another $12,000 in as it went lower. So i’ll probably put some more in tomorrow after that 11% down today. I think it’s a really good buy at this price.

Careful trying to catch the falling knife!

It’s cost me 6 figures in 2 weeks before!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Enlighten me on why you like it so much. Are you buying and selling it just at the right times? If you’re holding long-term, they don’t have very high gains from what I’m seeing

Depends on how much you have, and I have a ton. I just let it ride, and it's a medium risk. One of my kids is a wheel in Fischer and recommended this. I've made a lot of money, some days 5 figures depending on the markets. I've also lost a bunch having so much in this. I have all 4 of our accounts in this.

RUNVS?

Established Member
I had my broker liquidate three holdings for me today. Unfortunately, two were at a loss. SalesForce (CRM), Kraft Heinz (KHC), and Molson Coors (TAP) are gone. KHC and TAP have been underperforming and dragging my portfolio down for over a year, so it was time to dump 'em. I made a really nice profit on CRM (+29.42%), so it helped to make up for the losses. This move added $25,310.79 to my cash account.

I'm already trolling Amazon for $144 a share, but I don't think it will get there. Dropped two more lines in the water... one for Raytheon and one for McCormick. Gonna fish for some discounts.

MG0h3

Established Member
I hear that. But it’s PayPal. Not just some no name guys who haven’t proven themselves. Idk, we’ll see.

I hear ya. Just be careful. Consumer spending is stressed, I don’t care what “they” say.

We get a report with even more delinquencies and reduced spending, finance sector can get beat up.

Another interesting rid bit. My GF’s 17yr old son has been applying all over for your typical suburban HS age jobs at mainly retailers.

Lots of “accepting apps but not hiring”. Big change from 12 months ago.

MG0h3

Established Member
I had my broker liquidate three holdings for me today. Unfortunately, two were at a loss. SalesForce (CRM), Kraft Heinz (KHC), and Molson Coors (TAP) are gone. KHC and TAP have been underperforming and dragging my portfolio down for over a year, so it was time to dump 'em. I made a really nice profit on CRM (+29.42%), so it helped to make up for the losses. This move added $25,310.79 to my cash account.

I'm already trolling Amazon for $144 a share, but I don't think it will get there. Dropped two more lines in the water... one for Raytheon and one for McCormick. Gonna fish for some discounts.

Amazon is pretty volatile, but I don’t see 144 anytime soon.

I like that it has some of the AI hype but it has multiple streams of income.

Covered calls pay more than average too.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Yea I’m up about 50-60% on my Amazon shares. It’s approaching all time highs, wonder if it will try to correct at some point

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread