SW exhaust Tips?

Sirhc7897

Established Member
For those of you with the SW exhaust (full exhaust or cat back only):

How far do your tips stick out? I'd especially like to see some pics and measurements. Mine isn't obnoxious but they definitely extend farther than the stock. I'm wondering how much play there is in there and if they can be made to be more flush before I loosen them up for no reason.

Thanks.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Ive really come to dislike the fitment of my SW exhaust...also if your going to drag race tack weld all the tubes or fully weld the suckers....ive had the pipes blow apart multiple times at the track on real tires...constantly having to adjust them is a PITA. The tips do stick out further but it looks great IMO you have to really play with the tubes to get them right...I spent hours on fitment.

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Good to know. Yeah mine stick out a little bit. It did take me a while to get it all aligned. I have been meaning to take it to an exhaust shop and have it all welded up.

I was looking at a SW setup on a 2014 the other day and just really liked the way the quad tips kind of followed the curve of the rear as opposed to how mine just stick out straight.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
I had my tips cut and directly welded to the resonators to keep them in, I also had a hell of a time getting the pipes aligned and tac welded everything.

MattR

Established Member
Same here, fit poorly, had the a exhaust shop tack it due to coming loose and my tips do stick way out. It sounds good though.

Users who are viewing this thread