SW Retro Chambered Catback and off road H too much?

Masheen365

Established Member
I love the way the Stainless Works catback sounds. But I want it a little bit louder. Would an off-road H be too loud for daily use? I'm on stock manifolds.

I would also be getting a tune with the change.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
one mans rasp is another mans music...That style chambered muffler will be loud with off-road mids, but should sound clean with an O/R H. Stock manifolds with an X-pipe might give you some rasp.

Last edited:

w1tchblad3

Established Member
I have the stainless works catback with a off road x-pipe and kooks long tube headers and under normal driving it's not loud at all. But once you go wot it will scream loud.

redline5.0

Established Member
You can also turn the retro mufflers around to make it more aggressive or less aggressive, not sure if the catback is the same way but the mufflers can be.

Masheen365

Established Member
I bought the cat back off you. I remember you saying it was a bit too loud with the supercharger.

I might have to try out an H. Just waiting on taxes to come back.

Buggywhips

Established Member
I bought the cat back off you. I remember you saying it was a bit too loud with the supercharger.

I might have to try out an H. Just waiting on taxes to come back.

It was too loud for the wife who is sensitive to noise and smell - Migraines. IMO that cat back sounds better with an X-pipe verus an h-pipe.

305oh

Established Member
I love the way the Stainless Works catback sounds. But I want it a little bit louder. Would an off-road H be too loud for daily use? I'm on stock manifolds.

I would also be getting a tune with the change.

I have the SW cutback exhaust paired with a lethal performance off-road H pipe and it sounds amazing. It has some growls when you drive normal, but it screams when you get on it. I love it personally. I have a couple exhaust clips on my ig page if you want to hear how it sounds. I don't know of a lot of people who pair the SW cutback with an off-road H so I picked that route.
My ig is 305oh.

305oh

Established Member
You can also turn the retro mufflers around to make it more aggressive or less aggressive, not sure if the catback is the same way but the mufflers can be.

I tried to switch the mufflers around already and they will not fit since the inlets and outlets are different sizes. Yet they are the "chambered mufflers" SW sells on their website stating that they could be reversed. As of right now, I have the perforated louvers against the exhaust. i wish I could switch them around so there is nothing altering the exhaust flow, but I can't :(...I'm still wondering what it would sound like ... I guess I could always have them cut and welded in ;)

Users who are viewing this thread