Swapping stock 2001 Cobra fuel pump with a Ford GT (supercar) pump?

Codie

Established Member
Hello, I recently finished a swap to a terminator motor and on the dyno it is running very lean, mechanic says i need a new fuel pump. So, my question is would this one work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walbro-Ford...ash=item4196f3914e:g:LQ0AAOSwBahVZ33F&vxp=mtr

I know it's rather cheap and from ebay, but if it'll work, I don't care. It's already been really expensive as it is. Also, i'm not sure what it looks like when you pull down the stock pump, would this pump just mash up there and fit like the stock one with no other modifications needed?

Brutal Metal

Established Member
A direct replacement would be the SVT Focus or Aviator, if staying with the stock single pump hat I'd go with the AEM320. And to answer your question yes a GT can fit with some manipulation..

Codie

Established Member
So, just to be sure.. I could buy this pump and not need anything else? Can re-use stock hat, tank, etc?

Codie

Established Member
Won't need a new hat ? Can re-use everything else I have with this pump?

Codie

Established Member
bump

Still needing to know whether I can drop this fuel pump directly into my fuel pump housing and hook all back up and be ready to go. Thanks.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
As mentioned already, the GT supercar pump will fit in the stock basket with a little manipulation. I think it's slightly larger than the stock pump so a little cutting of the basket will be required. Be sure to check the polarity on the connectors, my buddy and I had to drop the tank a 2nd time as the car wouldn't start since the pump was running in reverse :bash:

I know you wanted this to be as simple as possible but you'll also want a 20A Kenne Bell Boost a pump and the Lethal Performance wiring upgrade. The GT supercar pump needs extra voltage to pump enough fuel to support a supercharged engine.

Codie

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. I just went ahead and got a Walbro 255LPH fuel pump. Easy plug and play replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread