Sweet Australian V8 Supercar race!

LS-WHAT?

Established Member
Check out these final laps of intense battle!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpEp3janpEU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 2010 V8 Supercars Gold Coast Race2[/nomedia]

lou cypher

"Blower Only"
Established Member
Always watch that racing (Australian v8 supercar) when I can catch it....They are really aggressive down there....bumpin', slidin',paint tradin', what auto racing should be....Good stuff....

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
That was sick.

And just so you guys know, NASCAR just signed a 12 race deal to have the DTM series come to the US in 2013!!!!!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Saw that video yesterday. Gotta love those V8 Supercar races. Wish Cox carried them on Speed Channel.

mysterio

Established Member
Awesome. Don't you wish every race was this good?

And what were those blue Fords, the Aussie Falcon?

Dave_6

Established Member
Sorry to bump a thread that's ~8 months old, but I have a question. I love watching this series and caught a race on Speed yesterday which led me to ask this. Does anyone know what engine the Fords are using? I know the Falcon production car comes with a supercharged 5.0 mod motor but I don't believe that's what they are running in the race cars. I do know they all use Motec for the ECU but that's all I've been able to find.

Dave_6

Established Member
Dave: they are using an ohv 5.0 V8. And a solid rear end.

Ah ok, thanks! I wonder what block and heads they're running. Any idea if they're 'spec' engines where they have to use certain heads/cam/etc? They sound like they rev them pretty high.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread