"Sweet Spot"

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
What do you guys find to be the "sweet spot" when roll racing and racing from a dig? I personally like 50 in 2nd, puts me right at 5k RPM where the BOSS IM really shines.

Rct851

Established Member
How do you feel about your 3.31's before and after the mods you have done?

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
How do you feel about your 3.31's before and after the mods you have done?

I really like the 3.31 gears. I have enough trouble getting traction sometimes, so I really don't want to go any higher. It's a little nerve wrecking when the rear wants to slide doing a 40-50 pull lol.

Before the BOSS IM I would start in 40 in 2nd, but with the little bit of tq loss, 50 puts you right in the power band

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I have 331's I seriously can't see why I would want to go 373's? The fact the transmission is a 6 speed make all the difference in the world, plus I went to a smaller diameter tire so she spins up slightly more.

Rct851

Established Member
Just got back from a drive. Ill keep my 3.31, already feels pretty steep for a street car, that and my shifting is so bad I'm better off Just letting the gear pull lol

As for original question. I like 40 in 2nd stock

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
roll racing is like masturbation... its good but just not the real thing

but my sweet spot is 1st at 15mph, 4.30s ftw

Last edited:

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
Rolls r for dinner, going from a dig is racing. Lol

Acceleration is a contest no matter if stopped or rolling. Sometimes when a random ss or srt8 happens to be beside you. You cant really just stop traffic. Just look over, nod your head , 3 honks and go.......

mhyjek

Established Member
What do you guys find to be the "sweet spot" when roll racing and racing from a dig? I personally like 50 in 2nd, puts me right at 5k RPM where the BOSS IM really shines.
I have basically same setup 3:31, AED, BOSS, Airaid, and SW Lt's and exhaust. Car pulls well from second at 50 but I like third at 50 too don't have to shift and the tq from LT's seem to make up the loss from the IM. Still have to dyno and track the car but feels like 430ish to the wheels like yours.

cuzracecar

Established Member
Acceleration is a contest no matter if stopped or rolling. Sometimes when a random ss or srt8 happens to be beside you. You cant really just stop traffic. Just look over, nod your head , 3 honks and go.......

Why not? We stop traffic like fast in furious here in Iowa;)

Users who are viewing this thread