switch to gen 2

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
95 thunder said:
well for anyone interested, i talked with wife and "slept" on it...i am going to keep the gen 1 and get a gen 2 in the near future when finance's permit it easier, so i can have my little dream of having both...the more i think about, if i let the 95 go i will end up kicking myself just like i have done with several muscle cars i have had over the years(especially a 69 gto) and sold etc.. , and i know i would be happy with the gen 2 but there wont be second guessing....by the way also, truck is going on the lot for $21.5, so that gets my goat a bit but another will come...if all goes well i will accomplish my dream by this fall (self employed) thanks guys!

Seems like sound thinking to me. There will always be another one. :beer:

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
I've had both. I had a 95, which is now my father's since I got my 04. I love both of them. My father is also looking for an 04 now too, but hopefully he'll keep the gen 1 too... I'd really hate to see it go.

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
doesent matter what you do as long asyou are happy, i swore to never sell my 93L and i plan to stick to it,buti have to say if i had the chance to trade my L for anewer one id do it in a heartbeat, thats just b/c i love them to death and i want something that is nice inside and rides smooth even though my L looks like it did in the inside as it did the day it was maid.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
larry, i think the gen 1 out did the 2 on the skidpad by .03g. i'll have to look up the braking numbers. but in straight line acceleration ther is no comparison.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Not in my opinion. :p

Stock for stock the Gen II will out handle and out run the Gen I. :D

LOL, motor trend had the Gen 1 go through the slalom 2.3mph faster then the Gen 2.

C/D had the skidpad #s of the Gen 1 at .88 and the Gen 2 at .85

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Lightning Kid said:
LOL, motor trend had the Gen 1 go through the slalom 2.3mph faster then the Gen 2.

C/D had the skidpad #s of the Gen 1 at .88 and the Gen 2 at .85

I'VE HEARD IT ALL BEFORE. :lol1: You keep believing everything you read in magazines. :fart:

I like Gen Is a LOT. But there is no comparisson between the 2.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
^ Dude I cant believe how friggin stupid you are. So the magazines saying that the Gen 2 is faster in the straight line is incorrect too? :lol: Go back to your little dream world, where nothing, even an SRT-10 Lamb(with a fair driver), is faster or does something better then your truck. :rolleyes: :loser:
Heck 2.3mph is a HUGE difference, its not like they said its only .3mph faster, where there is room for error. :D

Last edited:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Lightning Kid said:
^ Dude I cant believe how friggin stupid you are. So the magazines saying that the Gen 2 is faster in the straight line is incorrect too? :lol: Go back to your little dream world, where nothing, even an SRT-10 Lamb(with a fair driver), is faster or does something better then your truck. :rolleyes: :loser:
Heck 2.3mph is a HUGE difference, its not like they said its only .3mph faster, where there is room for error. :D

Hey F*CK YOU! . What's with the name calling. :nono:

I never "NEVER" SAID NOTHING WAS FASTER. Those are your words Boy!
There are a LOT of BADASS NASTY GEN Is out there.
VERY badass!!!
The 351w is a very fine engine.

Lose your punk ass attitude or your ass is gone boy. GOT IT! :rolleyes:

matt351

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Hey F*CK YOU! . What's with the name calling. :nono:

I never "NEVER" SAID NOTHING WAS FASTER. Those are your words Boy!
There are a LOT of BADASS NASTY GEN Is out there.
VERY badass!!!
The 351w is a very fine engine.

Lose your punk ass attitude or your ass is gone boy. GOT IT! :rolleyes:

uh oh, someones getting testy. lighten up a little larry, there are worse arguements on this message board. it will pass.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
matt351 said:
uh oh, someones getting testy. lighten up a little larry, there are worse arguements on this message board. it will pass.

It's not the argument. I have no problem with that. We all have opinions. :beer:

But don't call me f*cking names and put words in my mouth. :nono:

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
both have there good and bad about them
i love my Gen II but i have never riden in or driven a Gen I

and as for the Gen I being better than the Gen II
it all depends on the driver when all your doing is putting up numbers

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
I still think the gen 1 handles better than the gen 2... stock for stock. Just my opinion after driving both.

95 thunder

Established Member
gee...had not checked back on this post for a couple days and it's gotten interesting, i kinda mentioned it in my other replys/post etc..but even though i have a gen 1 (and luv it) and have driven a friends gen 2, performance wise and handling i think the gen 2 is superior in performance/handling, when comparing "stock to stock" (especially in performance) maybe close on handling, but let's face it, cars/trucks get better every year in technology etc... and i really dont think it's a fair comparison,cause 4 years past when they started making gen 2's ,but in my personal opinion i kinda like the looks of gen 1's better, i may be the odd ball here on that ,but that what makes me like gen 1's better, main reason i like straight beds and dont care for step sides as much(i think the gen 2 would be better with a straight bed)....of course if we debate on what can be done to either motor easier and make faster etc...i think the gen 1's are in a pretty good boat...by no means trying to be a mediator here but it all boils down to what makes you happy and makes your clock tick.....and they are just two totally different trucks other then both being fords and have lightning name to them, and it's just not fair to try and compare apples to apples

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread