switched over to E85

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
now this car has been setup for E85 since the day I bought it (this is Kevin's old car...the 04sleeper). To make a long story short, due to availability and other non car related issues.... I finally got around to swapping the pulley (2.6 from a 3.0 93 tune) and dropping in the 22psi e85 tune from the handlheld yesterday afternoon......holy toledo what an animal! The top end HP pickup is obvious to redline...but the low and midrange tq gains are shocking :rolling: And the weather here is socked in humid and hot, 109 heat index. The motor runs incredibly smooth.

great job, Kevin. This is like a whole new car after 18 months of driving it on the 3.0/93 :beer: :rockon:

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
now this car has been setup for E85 since the day I bought it (this is Kevin's old car...the 04sleeper). To make a long story short, due to availability and other non car related issues.... I finally got around to swapping the pulley (2.6 from a 3.0 93 tune) and dropping in the 22psi e85 tune from the handlheld yesterday afternoon......holy toledo what an animal! The top end HP pickup is obvious to redline...but the low and midrange tq gains are shocking :rolling: And the weather here is socked in humid and hot, 109 heat index. The motor runs incredibly smooth.

great job, Kevin. This is like a whole new car after 18 months of driving it on the 3.0/93 :beer: :rockon:

Hell yeah that thing is a beast:rockon: Maybe one day we'll get the vert there!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Hell yeah that thing is a beast:rockon: Maybe one day we'll get the vert there!

that thing pulled, huh?! lol. performance wise its a no doubter to run e85, but you're just like me, the damn station is the only e85 pump within 200 miles and its 20 miles away. they need more coverage, would be awesome if they put one near our neck of the woods :cryying:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Ahhhhh. Now you see the light. Lol. :rockon:

Glad to see you switched Jeff. It is truly amazing fuel.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
hey thanks guys. I can't believe the blower sound difference going from the 3.0 to the 2.6! Just screams now, even idle/low rpm you know somethings lurking. I'll have a vid up soon.

joseph.devenney

How hard could it be
Established Member
hey thanks guys. I can't believe the blower sound difference going from the 3.0 to the 2.6! Just screams now, even idle/low rpm you know somethings lurking. I'll have a vid up soon.

This weekend we'll go out and get one. I highly doubt that my tune will arrive anytime before the weekend so...

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
This weekend we'll go out and get one. I highly doubt that my tune will arrive anytime before the weekend so...

ok cool :beer:

i think we could get your tank dropped, pumps swapped, lines swapped, trailer to kevin, get a badass e85 tune and then drive home before that "other" deal works out :sleeping: :D

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
You forgot to mention that it's like 100 degrees, even when the sun goes down:nonono:

it was quite toasty out... poor cameraman! :poke: :p

can't wait until this fall and the temps drop. I will have to make at least one trip to HRP to get a pass in the books :idea: this feels like a 10 second machine even with a real easy launch :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread