Switching from 93 Octane to 91 Octane and keeping same Dyno Tune

Titan 5.0

Established Member
Hey guys. Got a question here... I currently relocated from US to Canada and don’t have any Accra to 93 Octane fuel anymore... :-(

I’ve been dyno tuned by PSI Motorsports and rather not give up the tune... they did a great job.

I also have a tune from Lund still on my nGuage... Lund said the following;

“you will not need a new tune for that fuel . its adaptive octane logic so power will be less on 91 fuel due to being less quality and knock sensor picking that up . per your mods you should be fine too with the 2.5 upper for 12-13 lbs as 91 is the minimum octane you can use“

Does this apply to the PSI tune and the car in general regardless of the tune??

If not I will re-upload the Lund tune and send them some data logs to review... but again, rather keep PSI.

Anything helps guys...

Thanks again.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Why not ask your other tuner? What Lund told you makes sense, but it's not their tune you want to run and it's not a global statement.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Do not bet your motor on the tune, you pick up some bad 91 and you will be in a world of hurt. Run octane booster, if you don't want to change the tune.

fullboogie

Established Member
I'm sure Patrick would revise your tune for the new octane. He's a good guy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Do not bet your motor on the tune, you pick up some bad 91 and you will be in a world of hurt. Run octane booster, if you don't want to change the tune.
This! Personally, I would want a separate 91 octane tune just to play it safe. JMO.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
When I moved to the Phoenix area, I originally scouted for fuel. 100% of the stations I went to had 91. Found that like CA, 93 is non existent in AZ. Seems to be true west of the Mississippi. Found a few places with 100 octane and 1 place with 100, 95 and 91. When its time for power upgrades, I may decide to fill on 95, then 100 on race days.

Its a pain for only one place to have the octane I need, but considering the car will only be a weekend/hoon car at that point, it should do just fine. I may fill a few 5 gallon jugs and keep them at the house to top off if I cant get back to that station, and a bottle of BOOSTane in the even Im out and cant make it back to the station.

If your car is only a weekend or fun car, then it might make sense to a keep some 5 gallon jugs of 93 handy at home or BOOSTane to keep your car safe if all you can find is 91.

Users who are viewing this thread