ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It hasn't, of course, been proven beyond doubt that lobsters feel pain when boiled. But apparently just the possibility is enough for the world to start laying down the law. First Switzerland, then......

I have boiled dozens of lobsters in my lifetime, and only once did the lobster ever move when dropped into the boiling water. That tells me, at least, that it is unlikely they feel pain. But not proven.

So how is the Swiss government going to ensure people don't boil them without stunning them first? :rolleyes: I can understand monitoring restaurants, but private citizens? Good luck with that. I heard a rumor that there is pending legislation in CA on outlawing the piercing of worms when fishing. They have to be secured with thread to the hook. Non-compliance would result in a felony arrest and possible 10+ years in prison. Illegal immigrants are exempted. :p

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
It hasn't, of course, been proven beyond doubt that lobsters feel pain when boiled. But apparently just the possibility is enough for the world to start laying down the law. First Switzerland, then......

I have boiled dozens of lobsters in my lifetime, and only once did the lobster ever move when dropped into the boiling water. That tells me, at least, that it is unlikely they feel pain. But not proven.

So how is the Swiss government going to ensure people don't boil them without stunning them first? :rolleyes: I can understand monitoring restaurants, but private citizens? Good luck with that. I heard a rumor that there is pending legislation in CA on outlawing the piercing of worms when fishing. They have to be secured with thread to the hook. Non-compliance would result in a felony arrest and possible 10+ years in prison. Illegal immigrants are exempted. :p

Licensed Lobster Hitmen is the obvious solution there by making lobster dinner too expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I suppose this type of regulation seems like an over-reach, but you all gotta admit, humankind (in general) treats animals poorly.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
How's that?
Steam them in a large lobster pan, just a couple inches of water with a lid for 12 minutes for a 1 1/4 pounder, submerging the whole body in boiling water affects the flavor for me whose eaten a fair lifetime share. If the legal gauge was a C hair loose, those would go in the bucket for me and the boss...

Users who are viewing this thread