SYNC Can't Make Calls

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
My SYNC has gone full ****ing potato.

It used to work fine but now it does this thing where I try to make a call and it says

"No work number. Call 'dot' on cell?"

If I say yes, it dials a random person in my phone book lol I've already pulled the sync fuse and reset it so idk wtf to do now

Weird thing is, I can receive calls with no issue and if i make a call with my phone while connected, it'll still work fine through sync. I can see individual contacts through my phone book too so it is all present in the car's memory.

I don't think it's a voice recognition thing either. It understands perfectly when I say Bluetooth Audio or USB.. Any name I try to call, it asks if I wanna call "dot". I'm at the point now where I wanna kill dot

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Wow I'm retarded. Figured it out. Emoticons in contact names. my gf changed hers lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow I'm retarded. Figured it out. Emoticons in contact names. my gf changed hers lol

yep, my wife (fiance at the time) put a diamond ring one with her name and it screwed it all up, took months to fix, even Ford couldnt figure it out. We took that out of her name, even uninstalled the emoji app. Turns out to fix it on mine (2012 f150) you have to reset sync AND go into the bluetooth settings on the phone and tell it to forget the sync connection. I wanted to set that damn truck on fire a few times lol

Users who are viewing this thread