SYNC Update Available

FordIVTteam

Established Member
I don't know but I upgraded my '14 GT with this update (DL3T-14D544) and it still has the same problems. One of them is that it doesn't understand the #2 when I use the voice command. I haven't got time to upgrade my '13 so I'll try this coming weekend.

Hey Black Thunder 715,

The software updates are vehicle specific, so don't be alarmed if the two vehicles have two different software versions. When you give the vehicle a voice command, does it do something different or not respond at all?

Cara

Black Thunder 715

Established Member
Hey Black Thunder 715,

The software updates are vehicle specific, so don't be alarmed if the two vehicles have two different software versions. When you give the vehicle a voice command, does it do something different or not respond at all?

Cara

I responds but it picks up the two as a zero or doesn't pick it at all.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Following Ford's instructions precisely, I downloaded and installed the update. The good news is it APPEARS to have installed. (i.e., System Info shows software version DR3T-14D544-AG. I had to re-pair my phone. I now have a Reboot Sync menu option. After uploading the .XML file my SYNC account, once again, reports "Your SYNC is up-to-date!") The bad news is, having let the car idle while SYNC "installed" for ~30 minutes, I never got a single "Installation Complete" message, nor did SYNC reboot on its own. At about the 30 minute mark, I shut everything off, let it sit for a minute or two, and restarted. Upon restarting, I saw a popup that implied SYNC was installing a(nother) file. Then, with the exception of 911 Assist, the system seemed to operate normally. No number of reboots or re-pairs with my phone have solved the 911 problem. (SYNC keeps telling me it's not working and that I need to visit a dealer, which I'm unlikely to do.) I disabled 911 Assist, so it doesn't nag me anymore, and am hoping for improved system performance. I'll post additional observations when I have some, which might be next week, after I return from a business trip.

FWIW, this latest update improved Pandora stability and adds the ability to Reboot SYNC. Unfortunately, it broke 911 Assist functionality. While I'm not overly concerned about the functionality, its absence causes a break in music and an on-screen message every time I start the car. Setting it to OFF without Reminder does NOT fix this, which I consider typical for SYNC's flaky performance.

Obviously, YMMV.

Snoopy49

Established Member
The DR3T-14D544-AG.zip Sync file is about 113 MB.
I have the file, but don't know how to send it.
The only options on my car are PP & TP.

artrecord224

Can somebody please help me get a copy of the file (DR3T-14D544-AG SYNC v4.6)? I tried ford and they refuse to provide me a copy, so it's either get a we hookup or pay out the nose to the dealer. My phone won't pair, and I hate the lack of sync functionality. Thanks!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Use WeTranser.com

Sent from my potato using Tapatalk

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Can somebody please help me get a copy of the file (DR3T-14D544-AG SYNC v4.6)? I tried ford and they refuse to provide me a copy, so it's either get a we hookup or pay out the nose to the dealer. My phone won't pair, and I hate the lack of sync functionality. Thanks!
Send me a PM with your email address, and I should be able to share the file with you via Google.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Anyone know if there is any firmware update for non Navigation equipped Sync? I have a bug where every now and then the radio resets itself...

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread