System on a budget!

32VDOHC

Established Member
Guys, couldn't stand the stock Mach460 system any longer and its inalienably to read burned CD-R's....so I installed a cd player, sub and amp. Total cost: about $175 and it sounds damn good too! Here are the details for anyone who cares and wants a decent sounding system at a very low price. The only thing I had that I didn't have to buy was the speaker box. I wanted to spend the least amount of money and just get a decent sound, and it was much better than I expected. Most of the time I am listening to the sound of my exhaust, but there are times I want music!

Cd Player: Walmart $55
XD1222 - AM/FM/CD Receiver with USB Charging Port
XD1222_b.jpg

Lightning Audio 10" Sub - Meijer $39.99
Lightning Audio® : Product Details
S4_10_4_lg_1.jpg

Audio Connectors - Meijer $12.99 (bypass stock amps)
86+ FD PWR/SPKR->CAR HRN
226.9734.600x400.FD02B.jpg

Boss 400w Amp - Meijer $69.99
BOSS AUDIO SYSTEMS | ENTERTAIN YOURSELF
12335339271.jpg

31s59JUcsvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:beer:

Last edited:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
System on a budget is right... If it sounds good and your happy with it thats all that matters. Ive been thinking about doing another stereo in this car... I just dont feel like spending the money.

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
i found everything for my system really cheap. for the 550watt rockford amp, two rockford p2 10's and the custom trunk box i'm in for under $400. it sounds incredible and looks good too.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
lol damn that is a system on a budget for sure.

thought mine was on a budget lol.. sheeeet... course its not in the mustang..

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
this is th ebest thread ever...i have been wanting to upgrade the system in my car too but was never sure what to get..hows the bass? i like a little bass ahaha

32VDOHC

Established Member
this is th ebest thread ever...i have been wanting to upgrade the system in my car too but was never sure what to get..hows the bass? i like a little bass ahaha

Its really good actually, I listen to both rap and rock/alternative. I have the amp up half way and the cd player set on "1" for bass. I am surprised how good it sounds considering the brand/price. I dont try to draw attention so I dont turn the bass up full blast, but I needed SOMETHING more then the stock 460 system, its crap! lol. But using the stock speakers they supply a good amount of treble/mids. As far as the head unit, I just wanted a CD player that would play burned CDs and this one even has a AUX input for my iPod! (with USB charging)

Users who are viewing this thread