T-Bar Pics??

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
I would like to see some pics of traction bars installed on an L. I think I'm going with the JLP style that go the frame. Lets see em!!! Thanks, BK

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
JLP-

28850-843-20230.jpg

28850-843-20231.jpg

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
How do they effect cornering? (Either version). I am going to be buying a set of traction bars soon and was going to spend the extra money on the LFP bars but if there is not much difference between the two for mildly modded trucks, I'd rather save the money for something else and go with the Lakewoods.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
PistolWhip said:
How do they effect cornering? (Either version). I am going to be buying a set of traction bars soon and was going to spend the extra money on the LFP bars but if there is not much difference between the two for mildly modded trucks, I'd rather save the money for something else and go with the Lakewoods.

The slappers help with axle wrap. But they don't do poop for weight transfer. I run the LFP bars. They WORK and they are def. worth the $$ if your pushing much HP.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Thanx Larry, that means allot coming from you. Did you notice any change in cornering (good or bad) though with the LFP's? I really don't plan on going to crazy with my truck since it's more of a D/D for me right now. It's bone stock right now, but hopefully if the Stang sells sometime soon I can get some minor mods to push the Lightning closer to the 400/500 club. That's where I'll stop though. I really don't want to do anything that will negatively effect the handling since this is the first car that I've ever had that, that can actually handle better than a VW Bug :D

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
PistolWhip said:
Thanx Larry, that means allot coming from you. Did you notice any change in cornering (good or bad) though with the LFP's? I really don't plan on going to crazy with my truck since it's more of a D/D for me right now. It's bone stock right now, but hopefully if the Stang sells sometime soon I can get some minor mods to push the Lightning closer to the 400/500 club. That's where I'll stop though. I really don't want to do anything that will negatively effect the handling since this is the first car that I've ever had that, that can actually handle better than a VW Bug :D

Def. no negative effects. I used to just smoke the tires when I hit it form a slow roll. Now it hooks and sits your butt back in the seat. :rockon:

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I have the lfp bars and like them alot.The only thing is I hear alot of squeeking from them.Maybe a little WD40 will fix it???

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
It all depends on what you do with your truck. If it is just a drag truck then set it up that way, or auto-x truck. Mine is going to be both so a panhard bar is in my future and maybe some Metco traction bars or if I go crazy a 4-link. I bought the Lakewoods becuase of the cost and people are in the 11's with them. This is just my 0.02 so take it as you will.

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
Before my lakewoods my truck rear end would wander under hard acceleration and I would get a little wheel hop during burnouts.................now that they are on it all went away :-D

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Def. no negative effects. I used to just smoke the tires when I hit it form a slow roll. Now it hooks and sits your butt back in the seat. :rockon:

Ok I'm convinced :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread