T trim boost question

RSbeast

Established Member
Hi,

I have a non intercooled T-Trim setup for my 97 cobra. I will be running an AFM powerpipe.

Currently the blower pulley is a 3.12 and a stock crank.

How much boost should that make? I am on the stock bottom end and would only like to see @ 9psi or whatever will live.

Thanks!!!

( I looked on vortech's site but there is no standard T Trim pulley/boost listing)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I was on a 3'' with a stock 8 rib crank pulley. I was seeing 15psi with a p.p and a aftercooler.. You need like a 3.6'' pulley if I remember correctly.

RSbeast

Established Member
Lol...well thank you for the insight. I guess I'll be shelving this pulley until I can forge this and go to a proper a/a setup = not soon.

Now ill just have to find the correct pulley.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
yea that would be best.. I used to have a 3.6'' but I sold it a while ago.. Sorry man.

RSbeast

Established Member
Its cool. Just add another $80 to the budget. Sure wish these were factory forged...I second guess my build constantly to jump ship to a terminator or a lighter c5. Suppose ill have a vert that handles like a vette and weighs about as much as a terminator coupe. No low end tq is a drag though; kinda hate it compared to my old s/c 5.0. I know is worlds difference but perhaps you were once on a low boost setup...but do these wake up any down low at all with the t trim? Or is this blower just going to be top-endy and not even volatile being spun under its efficiency range?

Sure is hard keeping up with the jones's these days heh.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Its cool. Just add another $80 to the budget. Sure wish these were factory forged...I second guess my build constantly to jump ship to a terminator or a lighter c5. Suppose ill have a vert that handles like a vette and weighs about as much as a terminator coupe. No low end tq is a drag though; kinda hate it compared to my old s/c 5.0. I know is worlds difference but perhaps you were once on a low boost setup...but do these wake up any down low at all with the t trim? Or is this blower just going to be top-endy and not even volatile being spun under its efficiency range?

Sure is hard keeping up with the jones's these days heh.

yea I was on a stock block at one point with the T-trim. I was at 10psi with a aftercooler though. I saw in and around 480rwhp. It was decent.. I would highly recommend some 4.10's with the stock block. Once you get into 550-650rwhp 3.73's are necessary lol.. It'll be alright. You'll still love it. :beer:

RSbeast

Established Member
Live long at that hp level? I'm a little scared to wind it up past @ 430rwhp. I should likely look into an intercooler I just always hated the cooling issues associated with an FMIC with all my old DSMs. I know stangs actualy have somewhat of a grille, but idk if it's enough to really cool anything.

I've currently 3:73s in the car, it definitely needs more gear n/a for sure. 1st is a JOKE. I do like the 3:73s though with the road race theme; it's very drivable through the turns with them.

It's just tough to even pretend to hang anymore unless I want to hang around the honda kids; and even they are getting quick.

Friends cars are:
347 fox on a 125 shot (10.60s /124
Cammed ls3 vette (11.1s? /126
04 cobra KB/ getting cams etc prev ( low 11s, 123 iirc
03 cobra was pullied/etc now awaiting KB mammoth (???
95 z28 cam/stall/150 shot (still getting dialed
02 WRX vf35 (12.6 @ 110
and the brothers 00 SS currently under the knife for ms3/ported ls6 combo

I'm screwed...lol. Offed the 94 to go bigger and then lost the job for a year...I'm way behind :(

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Live long at that hp level? I'm a little scared to wind it up past @ 430rwhp. I should likely look into an intercooler I just always hated the cooling issues associated with an FMIC with all my old DSMs. I know stangs actualy have somewhat of a grille, but idk if it's enough to really cool anything.

I've currently 3:73s in the car, it definitely needs more gear n/a for sure. 1st is a JOKE. I do like the 3:73s though with the road race theme; it's very drivable through the turns with them.

It's just tough to even pretend to hang anymore unless I want to hang around the honda kids; and even they are getting quick.

Friends cars are:
347 fox on a 125 shot (10.60s /124
Cammed ls3 vette (11.1s? /126
04 cobra KB/ getting cams etc prev ( low 11s, 123 iirc
03 cobra was pullied/etc now awaiting KB mammoth (???
95 z28 cam/stall/150 shot (still getting dialed
02 WRX vf35 (12.6 @ 110
and the brothers 00 SS currently under the knife for ms3/ported ls6 combo

I'm screwed...lol. Offed the 94 to go bigger and then lost the job for a year...I'm way behind :(

It lasted a decent while lol. The tune was jacked up I think that's why it let go. the cobra's do cool very well don't worry about that. As for your friends there is always someone faster bro.. Just take your time with it. 3.73's will be good for the powerlevel espiecally if you like turns..

RSbeast

Established Member
Hey I hadn't check the bistro in a bit. I'd be interested in anyone's 6 rib 3.6 but I ditched my paypal awhile ago due to it getting hacked. PM me if you'd like to sort something.

Users who are viewing this thread