T56 Magnum Slip Yoke

SlowSVT

Established Member
One would think finding the right slip yoke for a T56 Magnum would be easier then falling off a mossey wet log after drinking a 6 pack while wearing high heels you would be mistaken. Well at least up til now.

I finally found a yoke that would compliment the Magnum from a company called Sonnax (p/n: T3-3-2491HP). Even finding this guy was a chore nothing on their web site ties this to the Magnum, I stumbled on this after a web search reading the chatter on a Mustang board.

IMG_20150128_1818551_zps413b59e7.jpg

Here is the T56 and Magnum yoke side by side. The OD on the T56 is 1.500", the Magnum is 1.687" (28 spline vs. 31)

IMG_20150128_1756171_zps23872add.jpg

When you have the tranny out of the car put a spacer between the yoke and the tail housing to preventing it from getting pushed up against the rubber seal which will get flared out against the shaft fillet on the yoke ruining it.

eee21db8-bbd5-422a-a001-ea0095848e63_zps1bf73ced.jpg

This yoke is pretty nice. It's forged (all the others I've seen appear to be cast), fully machined and has what appears to be a black chrome finish which should be much easier on the seal :)

Sonnax does not sell them directly, they are sold by Summit Racing and others.

http://www.sonnax.com/parts/3347

vermont335i

The Sonnax yoke is forged chrome moly, and the black color is a black oxide, so it is just a coloring of the metal, and not a plating. That seal surface is just really finely machined, and the splines are very smooth and burr-free so it travels in and out of the trans super clean. Plus they are made in the U.S.A.!

SlowSVT

Established Member
The Sonnax yoke is forged chrome moly, and the black color is a black oxide, so it is just a coloring of the metal, and not a plating. That seal surface is just really finely machined, and the splines are very smooth and burr-free so it travels in and out of the trans super clean. Plus they are made in the U.S.A.!

Sounds like your in the know. The finish doesn't look like any black oxide I've ever seen which is almost always matt, this looks like hard chrome it is almost like glass but who's complaining? It's a beautiful piece I don't think you'll find a better yoke for the Magnum :)

Users who are viewing this thread