Conrad B

SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey guys,

Sorry if this issue has already been covered, but...

Does anyone know if the T56 is as stupidly loud (the howl when you're barely on the throttle) as the TR-3650 piece of crap commonly found in our Cobras? I HATE the whine and can't stand it anymore... I've tried sound deadening, all of the "miracle" shifter gaskets that supposedly quiet the transmission and even louder exhaust. Lol. So if anyone knows before I do anything crazy, I'd appreciate some input.

Conrad

01yellercobra

Established Member
Which model are you running? I used to be able to hear a little gear whine when in neutral and the clutch released. I don't hear it anymore because of the blower and exhaust.

Conrad B

SVT Poster
Established Member
Which model are you running? I used to be able to hear a little gear whine when in neutral and the clutch released. I don't hear it anymore because of the blower and exhaust.

Are there variations between TR-3650s? If so, I'm not aware offhand... I do know however that it's the original "K" code transmission with a Lvl 3 clutch.

Thanks

snakeraper11b

Established Member
My T56 was dead quiet, even when it had internal issues. Just had weld in flowmasters at that time too, so there wasn't anything covering up possible whine. It was fully built and fresh and I ran 2 different fluids through it. Never an issue with sound in an variation.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are there variations between TR-3650s? If so, I'm not aware offhand... I do know however that it's the original "K" code transmission with a Lvl 3 clutch.

Thanks

I was thinking you already had the T56 and it's making noise.

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
My T56 was quite noisy but it was solid as rock so i didn't care... never bought the shifter gaskets...

Users who are viewing this thread