t76 terminator slayer

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
BoostedToy said:
This is unbelievable. I cannot see why cars of this nature are going so cheaply now. I sold a 900rwhp 97' Cobra w/ low mileage a year ago for 27.5k. The current owner I saw is entertaining cash offers of 20k-ish? And I see this car is up for 14k? #1, I am extremly happy I sold my car when I did (even though I miss that car...it was insane). #2, What is the reasoning for cars of these types not selling? (03' Cobra kill the market?) Clean, low-mileage turbocharged 4V Cobra SN95's with alot of power. My old car appears to have more mods than this car, but regardless, 14k has to be an absolute steal!!!

a big difference between potential 900rwhp and actual. His car never actually made that much power though it was capable. That scares a lot of people because once they buy it and turn it up, there is the chance a blowing it up. A car that already made the power is more soothing that it will somehow last at that level. Im glad he sold the car, it was a great looking/performing car no doubt. I wish it was a different time of year or I would have snagged it.

IXSLR8

Established Member
overheating

I got the car on wednesday and took it out for a spin. I noticed that within minutes it started running hot and under boost the temp spiked within seconds. So today i take it by a local shop and so far i know at the minimum it has a blown head gasket. Never was this mentioned to me by the seller. I guess this has taught me my lesson...you can't trust anyone on their word! Btw not meaning to bash anyone but I did try to contact the seller yesterday morning and am yet to hear anything back....now i know why.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
there you go. 9 times out of 10 if it seems too good to be true... it is

sorry to hear that bro

its an air/water intercooler isnt it? Have a shop change it to air/air if they can, thats what id do also. If you ditch it and wanna sell it or trade for a gsxr suzuki motorcycle, let me know... im always down for a nice headgasket/motor rebuild project

Last edited:

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
IXSLR8 said:
I got the car on wednesday and took it out for a spin. I noticed that within minutes it started running hot and under boost the temp spiked within seconds. So today i take it by a local shop and so far i know at the minimum it has a blown head gasket. Never was this mentioned to me by the seller. I guess this has taught me my lesson...you can't trust anyone on their word! Btw not meaning to bash anyone but I did try to contact the seller yesterday morning and am yet to hear anything back....now i know why.
Mines running round as we speak... Too bad you didn't get approved for mine...

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
IXSLR8 said:
I normally wait till they have around 1500 posts before I buy. 28 is just a bit low for me to start the trust process. Soory to hear. Any recourse?

dredg9

Established Member
thats what happens when you skimp on building the motor

v6stanger

Established Member
Didnt you test drive the car before you completed the transaction?

Anytime I've bought anything over 400rwhp I've had the owner take me out on a 15-20 minute test drive from stoplight to stoplight,65mph cruising and at least a WOT 3rd-4th gear pull. That usually gives an idea real quick if anything isnt right.

CobraJay

Established Member
v6stanger said:
Anytime I've bought anything over 400rwhp I've had the owner take me out on a 15-20 minute test drive from stoplight to stoplight,65mph cruising and at least a WOT 3rd-4th gear pull. That usually gives an idea real quick if anything isnt right.

Hmm..I'll keep that in mind for when I am ready to purchase my first cobra. That's if I ever finish school! :cuss: It never ends. Well...back to the books :read:

Users who are viewing this thread