T76 Turbo Cobra

shts_weak

Established Member
I blew the head gasket and it started making a knocking noise from the bottom end. so i pulled the heads off and the pistons seemed burnt from always running e-85. usually e85 cars have cleaner pistons and there was barely any miles on it. sent the block to the machine shop and was told it needed a .020 bore to get the scratches out. the block was already bored .020 already so he recommended me switching to either another normal iron block or get the boss block. so i did.

s351

Established Member
Ah ic, I was just curious on why the stocker let go on e85, e85 usually saves engines.

shts_weak

Established Member
yea i was surprised myself. i guess it was from detonation? as soon i get everything back together, I've been speaking to Jon Lund and I'm most likely to tow the car to evolution performance so he can tune it.

s351

Established Member
The tune is everything on these cars, a guy torched my ported eaton setup, now i'm almost finished my built motor, hellion precision 76 setup, and i'm terrified of going back on a dyno, shooting for 700rwhp on pump 94.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I'm surprised you went with a 3.72" bore right off the bat. That basically gives you very little room for a rebuild/freshening up.

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Did you get to make any clean passes in this thing before you hurt it?
Believe the fastest Jeremy went with it was 6.4x-6.5x 1/8.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I bought a built turbo cobra several years ago and popped the motor 6 months later myself, so I know your pain.

Glad to see you're building it bigger and badder though! I followed the build thread on your car. Beautiful car!

shts_weak

Established Member
New turbo
turbo.jpg
"]http://
turbo.jpg
[/URL]

Users who are viewing this thread