Taking an Eaton to the Extreme question!

MightyMo

Established Member
The time has come to upgrade to a KB, Twin turbo, single Turbo or simply improve the set up I have now. No Whipple for me.. Whipple has customer service issues..

When properly tuned and with all available streetable mods, how much HP/ torque can an Eaton supercharged 4.6 4V put out?

What exactly am I asking? Consider every possible streetable modification for an 03/04 Cobra. How fast can an eaton supercharged Cobra run on the track? How much power could a streetable 03/04 Eaton supercharged Cobra put out?

NOS, fuel pumps, tunes, pulley combo's, Apten, BAP, CAI, Mass Air, injectors, trans, clutches, rear end, gear ratios, tire/ rim combos..

Thanks,
Scotty

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Based on your intended mods, wouldn't you just be better off with a Kenne Bell or twin turbo setup? But if you're looking to run an Eaton and would be happy with less than, say, 530rwhp, stick with it. You mentioned NOS so how much of a shot are you thinking? Better yet, what is your specific goal? Powerwise and at the track. Once you set your goal you can hone in on the right setup. Just a suggestion.

I see that you're already at 522rwhp and 536rwtq. What are you present mods?

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
A solid axle, an auto tranny, a built motor, stage III eaton, a shit ton of nitrous would easily put you in the bottom 10's. I'm sure a 9 is possible.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
unit213 said:
A solid axle, an auto tranny, a built motor, stage III eaton, a shit ton of nitrous would easily put you in the bottom 10's. I'm sure a 9 is possible.

RACE CAR!!!!

Hey bud, what size jet is a shit ton???

lol :lol1:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
svt1.8t said:
i think broke7 is around 550/550 on an eaton

can't forget sambandit with 532 RWHP 579 RWTQ & 640 RWHP 755 RWTQ with N20 (SAE #'s) :coolman:

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
postban said:
RACE CAR!!!!

Hey bud, what size jet is a shit ton???

lol :lol1:

Racecar schmace car. We're all stock anyway 'round here. ;-)

The jet for 1 shit ton looks a little something like this... :thumbsup:

ay0f14.jpg

Now does it go pre or post MAF? :shrug:

Last edited:

MightyMo

Established Member
My mods..

Apten with 2.8RR pulley
Accufab polished throttle body and inlet
LFP heat exchanger
Borla Stinger catback
MAC straight-shot CAI with 95mm MAF
Amazon Racing custom tune
BFG Drag Radials
Billetflow auxiliary idler
Compucar NOS 75 shot
Tri-Ax Shifter
Spec Stage III clutch w/ aluminum flywheel

CobraBob,

My goal with this car? To become the fastest most powerful Eaton supercharged Cobra in the land (Buah ha ha ha- evil laugh).

I find myself becoming bored with the car and want "MORE POWER".

http://southernmustangandford.com/members/mustangscotty/

Perhaps the fuel system is where I should place more attention, at the moment its stock. Thinking about adding long tube headers and off road H pipe too.

Last edited:

mystangs

572/677 Hehe
Established Member
On a small 40 shot I am pulling 572/677. Ported blower, throttle body, full exhaust, K&N 2.8 upper and 4lb lower. Plan on upgrading my pumps (running out of fuel on the 60 shot) and running more juice.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Mustangscotty said:
Suppose an auto trans would knock a full second off my time?

With your driving....probably....:lol: J/K Scotty!!! You need to get this figured out quick buddy you've only got a few more weeks!! :rockon:

mystangs

572/677 Hehe
Established Member
I am running a dry shot pre MAF and have a full throttle switch, it is insane that I actually don't lose traction. I have a Spec 3 clutch and there is no slip at all.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Mustangscotty said:
Suppose an auto trans would knock a full second off my time?

It depends on many factors. First would be your current 60'. If you're cutting 1.8 60's now and you go to a auto tranny with a big stall converter, you'd definitely get into the 1.5 60' range or better on slicks. That's roughly .45-.5 right there.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
If you choose to max out the Eaton... you can expect great things. If you have the driver mod, you can expect low, low 11s or high 10s on blower only in good air with a good 60. If you can run that fast on the blower, you can also expect mid 10s with a 75 shot or so of N20. Now, if you don't have the driving mod, you can add .5 seconds to both those estimates...lol

MightyMo

Established Member
Awesome! Maybe I should pay my driver mod cash.. I could be a Jack Roush in the future..

Just to come out of my shell a little bit..
I'm in Afghanistan right now and will be home next month. 96stangGt was hinting at that.. Anyhow, I have managed to save up a little egg in my nest and am about ready to get a little more radical. Up til May of this year, I was running relatively safe and have not even hit the nitrous yet. Just knew my set up would change and didn't want to hit it til the Cobra is "right". Perhaps a solid axle, Perf. Auto Trans with fuel system mods and a larger nitrous shot followed by a dyno tune will perk me up..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread