Taking Down Facebook a Few Notches

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Haha! That’s an oversight in the algo.

What about 20+ posts from a GTPremi saying he was gonna shoot Cracker Jacks? Not a single one was deemed racist or a threat of violence by FB?

For that WAP, Tyre was willing to change his pronouns to was/were.

Last edited:

Morgan

Established Member
What about 20+ posts from a GTPremi saying he was gonna shoot Cracker Jacks? Not a
Single one was deemed racist or a threat of violence by FB?

I’m not on FB, but I’m sure they would cite the algorithm working in that example.
The big social media platforms are absolutely left leaning and are in need of some type of regulation though I hate the idea of more government anywhere.

JimCSHO

Established Member
Two questions. First, what are your measurable damages? Second, what did Facebook do to you that is illegal?

They are still a private company and still the one in control of their platform. There is no legal impediment to their treatment of conservative views more harshly than liberal. He'll, they don't stop any of the scams that are rampant as long as the scammer pays the advertising fee. If you complain about scam sales postings (for some reason I see a lot of whiskey scams where they aren't selling Blanton's but rather a plastic replica empty bottle) the Facebook response to a complaint is it doesn't violate their "community standards"

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

JimCSHO

Established Member
And no attorney or firm is going to take on a case for "publicity". Putting that many billable hours into something that won't yield results and compensation is not going to pay the overhead. Plus such great publicity taking a case with little likelihood of a win, and lots of potential for getting your ass handed to you.

In addition there is a possibility of sanctions by the court for bringing a groundless action.

Thank you but that "publicity " is of no value

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Two questions. First, what are your measurable damages? Second, what did Facebook do to you that is illegal?

I will pay biminilx $500 to write up something saying I have mental anguish.

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member

They are still a private company and still the one in control of their platform. There is no legal impediment to their treatment of conservative views more harshly than liberal.
QFT - Nothing illegal here.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
They are still a private company and still the one in control of their platform. There is no legal impediment to their treatment of conservative views more harshly than liberal.

In all seriousness, this makes me think that attempting to get it to news outlets or to other forms of media is the smarter idea.

Let them get roasted in the court of public opinion. There are no lawyers there and it is no money out of my pocket.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In all seriousness, this makes me think that attempting to get it to news outlets or to other forms of media is the smarter idea.

Let them get roasted in the court of public opinion. There are no lawyers there and it is no money out of my pocket.

I think it will be a waste of your time, but just go ahead and reach out to your local news outlet and see if you can get an interview with them. This is what is called throwing shit into the wind. I'm not a Facebook fan (cancelled my account a year ago) and I agree that they're politically biased, but what you're suggesting, well, just won't go anywhere. For reasons already stated. Give it a local news shot, though.

JimCSHO

Established Member
OK. Big tech does whatever, private business.

This where I don't get where a judge made a private bakery make a ghey cake.
On what grounds?
The difference, at least to the Colorado state court, is that there is a protected class - sexual orientation - involved. Conservative is not a protected class.

Of course the court ignored the other protected class - free exercise of religion - which got it kicked by the US Supreme Court last time.

But that is nothing new. Look at Roe v Wade. Protection of your right to life is ignored and the only person not asked for an opinion on being aborted is the child. Harris in her talk celebrating Roe day quoted the declaration of independence but omitted one part. She said she was happy to see people out exercising the rights as stated in the declaration of independence and embodied in our constitution to "liberty and the pursuit of happiness". Convenient to simply ignore the full quote of "LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of happiness"

Users who are viewing this thread