Taking the '03 Cobra out to the 1/4 tonight.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Well I decided to take the Snake out to the track tonight because it's "Exotic Night" for Friday Night Drags. Gonna go check out some rare cars and see if I can put the beating down on some of them. :poke: Gonna be running my race gas tune tonight to see how she does on a 75/25 100/92 mix. Wish me luck! :rockon:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Thanks for the support guys but it wasn't such a good night. My clutch is about gone and after the first pass I didn't have a clean pass the rest of the night. My best trap was still 120mph which I thought would be better since it was a cool night on the race gas tune. I did get my best 1/8th mile MPH yet but I ended up missing 4th badly and ran an 11.9 at 107mph. lol My 60ft's were also down a bit best being 1.762 which my previous best had been 1.67.

My best time ended up being 11.778 @ 118.86 w/ 1.762 60ft. That was my only actual clean pass. It was the first pass with just slow, steady shifts.

Best 1/8 was 7.534 @ 95.61 on a 1.781 60ft but I couldn't get the car in 4th gear and ran an 11.926 @ 107.81. :(

On the best MPH run I got a little sideways and shortshifted 2nd gear badly, had trouble getting her into 3rd and ran an 11.962 @ 120.28mph.

I ended up hotlapping after that run and my clutch was so weak I couldn't get it into 3rd or 4th and just shut it down running a 12.6 @ 98mph. Haha, time for a new clutch boys.

All in all I was disappointed. It did make me feel better since there was a brand new GT500 out there running low 13's at 106-108 mph. lol

Last edited:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Probably a Spec 3+ with a FRPP TOB. I have heard good things about that setup. I was mostly just disappointed that I couldn't get a clean run in after the first.

Last edited:

FiaCobra

Established Member
Too bad about the clutch but you'll be able to work that out.

....you do realize the GT-500 times were caused by "driver error"...right?

DiZzyBonne

Established Member
Better luck next time, but great times regardless!

Anyway, I can't help but notice that your car was tuned by Shaun over at A.E.D. I've heard nothing but praise about him, he's definitely where I'm going to get my tune when I get my Kenne Bell installed. So did you drive all the way to Sacramento just to see him?

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
You'll love the new clutch. Make sure to get an firwall adjuster and good quadrant too. I love my spec 3+.

I have a UPR quadrant and adjuster.

Better luck next time, but great times regardless!

Anyway, I can't help but notice that your car was tuned by Shaun over at A.E.D. I've heard nothing but praise about him, he's definitely where I'm going to get my tune when I get my Kenne Bell installed. So did you drive all the way to Sacramento just to see him?

He actually came up this way and did a road tune on my car. I will be travelling down to Sac to get some work done by AED this month. He is a great guy and does good work.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
You'll love the new clutch. Make sure to get an firwall adjuster and good quadrant too. I love my spec 3+.

I am going with a Spec modified by Promotion. I have heard some good stuff about these clutches. They are supposed to relieve alot of shock on the drivetrain. I'll report back.

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Well I got my Pro-Motion/Spec clutch installed, with a Liberty 26 spline input shaft, Lethal TOB sleeve, an FRPP TOB, along wiith Royal Purple ATF What a difference! Man, shifts like butter now and the pedal feel is so much lighter than stock. My 10 spline shaft was twisted a bit which could have been the culprit for the hard shifts along with the flywheel being a bit burnt and the stock clutch not looking so healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread