Taliban Takes Shots At US Soldiers And Gets A Proper Reply

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
AHC is a great channel, but like Jeff, it sucks that Dish (and Direct TV) don't offer an HD version.

And yes, God bless our brave men and women over there!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I will never forget the first time I was sleeping and the closest C-RAM went off and Raptor were scrambled.

A few weeks in and it was fun to point and laugh at the guys running for bunkers when we would get mortared.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You could always tell the noobs.

I was on the shitter once when we took some pretty close incoming. I decided I was wasn't going anywhere till I was done. Nothing worse than having to pinch one off early. Came out of the stall and there was a SSG sitting on the floor also waiting on the all clear.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
You could always tell the noobs.

I was on the shitter once when we took some pretty close incoming. I decided I was wasn't going anywhere till I was done. Nothing worse than having to pinch one off early. Came out of the stall and there was a SSG sitting on the floor also waiting on the all clear.

The worst was when they would mortar during times the chow hall was open.

The two best ones I remember was I had just got my meal and heading back to my CHU with my to-go box and the sirens went off. The NG guys ducked into the bunker and I kept walkers by. One yelled to me as he thought I did not know what was going on. I laughed and said I was good and that their aim sucks.

The other was when I was sitting outside my CHU smoking and reading a book. Sirens went off, roaches scattered, one stopped to inform me I needed to take cover. I told him I didn't want to lose my page or my cigarette. Those NG guys were skittish as hell.

We did have an instance where one came through the roof of a CHU on the Air Force side and into a wall locker, never went off. The other was a civi was killed on the shitter as they hit it near the air field.

God I miss that shit. I hate garrison Army but LOVE deployment. I'd have a hard time saying no to going back even now with my daughter about here. People don't realize how addicting that adrenaline rush becomes. I had a round hit an inch right of my head. Took fire during one of our Air Assault missions, got hit with a pair of 105mm rounds and some HME during a convoy. It is just so addicting.

I truly believe it is what kills so many soldiers when they come home. All that rush comes to an abrupt end and so many do anything to fill that void. You hate the potential end result of the fights but love it during.

Daniel

U.S Naval Power
Established Member
The worst was when they would mortar during times the chow hall was open.

The two best ones I remember was I had just got my meal and heading back to my CHU with my to-go box and the sirens went off. The NG guys ducked into the bunker and I kept walkers by. One yelled to me as he thought I did not know what was going on. I laughed and said I was good and that their aim sucks.

The other was when I was sitting outside my CHU smoking and reading a book. Sirens went off, roaches scattered, one stopped to inform me I needed to take cover. I told him I didn't want to lose my page or my cigarette. Those NG guys were skittish as hell.

We did have an instance where one came through the roof of a CHU on the Air Force side and into a wall locker, never went off. The other was a civi was killed on the shitter as they hit it near the air field.

God I miss that shit. I hate garrison Army but LOVE deployment. I'd have a hard time saying no to going back even now with my daughter about here. People don't realize how addicting that adrenaline rush becomes. I had a round hit an inch right of my head. Took fire during one of our Air Assault missions, got hit with a pair of 105mm rounds and some HME during a convoy. It is just so addicting.

I truly believe it is what kills so many soldiers when they come home. All that rush comes to an abrupt end and so many do anything to fill that void. You hate the potential end result of the fights but love it during.

Wow lol that sounds crazy, id be frighten.

blownfox

Established Member
I've watched the The Hornet's Nest (great show) and it was crazy what our troops will do for each other. I have great respect for our Military members across the world and for all the SVTP members that have or currently serving THANK YOU!

Users who are viewing this thread