Talk about frustrating.. Me vs New GT

Calimon

Established Member
I moved to Georgia about 9 months ago and I've been going thru a dry spell, I haven't raced anything, no ricers no nothing, I even tried to race Grandma pushing a grocery cart. Well on my way home going up 400 a new red GT comes flying up on my arse, I've seen him before weaving in and out thru traffic so I figured he would want to play, just bad timing since traffic is pretty bad around 6:30pm. Well after there is a little break in traffic I drop it into 3rd at around 70-75 and floored it, he dropped back pretty quick but I could tell he was trying to keep up. After I let up he comes flying up on my arse again.

My exits coming up so I'm wondering if this guy is going to follow, there is an awesome road about a .5 mile off the highway for some quick runs. As I get rdy to turn off the HWY he pulls in behind me and sure enough follows. Now the frustrating part, the lane splits into 2 for the right hand turn, as we go around the turn he moved to the left to get next to me and as we make the turn he gets beside me.

I look over to see what he wants to do and he down shifts into 1st at around 20-25 and takes off, I'm in 2nd and around 20-25, So I just floored it, he got about a 1/2 car jump as my front bumper is at his door, I start gaining and pull up even, and as he shifts to 2nd he drops back to my rear bumper, at about that time we're coming up and traffic again so I let off and he just fly's by me and keeps going, I was hoping to talk but oh well I guess. I really wanted a re-match with me in the right gear. Well this is the 2nd time I've seen him on the way home, hopefully I can get my wish soon.

I know this isn't much of a story, let alone a kill but its the only fun I've had for a very very long time so I wanted to post something. Well my dumb arse is going to ready next time, none of this getting caught in the wrong gear crap again.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
most of my encounters are the same.. unorganized and just going at it on the highway on the way home from work. i have a tough time finding a real race.

Calimon

Established Member
I could of sworn I've shifted into 1st going around 20 before. Like mentioned above I just gave it a little gas and moved it into 1st??

Not something I've done a lot.

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Where in GA are you? If I still had my 00 GT I would have played with your, but Im not really a match in the stock SS I have now. Maybe when I get some mods.

Calimon

Established Member
I live up near Gainsville and commute down to Alpharetta. I'm suppose to hit the track this year when Modular Powerhouse goes and I'm looking forward to that, I've never been so it should be interesting. Just hope I don't get hooked :-D

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
Calimon said:
I could of sworn I've shifted into 1st going around 20 before. Like mentioned above I just gave it a little gas and moved it into 1st??

Not something I've done a lot.
IT ALWAYS WILL... DONE IT ALOT OF TIMES..I ALWAYS DID IT TO MY MUNCIE ROCK CRUSHER ALL THE TIME IN MY 70 CHEVELLE 396

Last edited:

vulk

Established Member
MachME said:
You cant downshift into 1st at 25mph.
Sure ya can. Press the clutch down and jab the gas to about 4500 rpm while you shift it into 1st. Works like a charm ;)

Users who are viewing this thread