Talk me into keeping my Cobra

XFORDHATER

Established Member
I have an 04 vert with only 15,200 miles in mint conditon. Already put upr catted x, flowmaster catback, k&n cold air, and mgw shifter in it. Now im getting the itch because the c6 vettes are becoming affordable. The cobra is nice but i need more performance. Its basicaly a garage queen that gets ripped around on the weekends. This seems to happen to me every 8 months or so i get a car and get tired of it in less than a year. Help me out! Give me reasons to keep it! Can i make a vert a run with the vettes in the straights anyway?

boosted2000si

All good things end!
Established Member
Talk your self into it. Jesus. Why does everyone post on here "Talk me into keeping my car?"

Here is an idea, Sell the car and envy us that didnt make the stupid decision you are about to.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Talk your self into it. Jesus. Why does everyone post on here "Talk me into keeping my car?"

Here is an idea, Sell the car and envy us that didnt make the stupid decision you are about to.

That's the same thing i was thingking about. If i have the money or the opportunity to trade, i would do it in a heartbeat. Don't get me wrong, these Terminators are great but they're about 5-6 years old now. I would trade for a 2010 GT500 but a C6 would be nice too.

svt2ner

Established Member
c6 z06 is worth the upgrade. It is true they are everywhere, at least with mustangs you can tell which ones suck and which ones dont. Most vettes look the same to me.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member

Agreed, I don't see why everybody always looks for people to convince them to keep to keep their car. If you want it keep it, the C6 is a great car and would be a nice upgrade.

frankin

Established Member
IMO these cars are unique and you don't see as many as you do corvettes.
I tried to make mine a garage queen, but I just can't let it sit and collect dust. I have almost 40k on it now.
If you sell it you might regret it down the road.
Hope you make the right decision.

Ralo

Established Member
Know anyone with a vette? Trade with them for a few days. The Cobra is more fun to drive at least for me. The vette I drove for a few days was a c5 vert with full exhaust.

03yellow

Established Member
Currently Im outrunning stock C6s with a ported factory blower and some pullies.

If I had only your mods Id want to sell it too. Spend the extra cash and get a KB and run 10s or get a TT and run 9s. Stock C6s run 12s. Took me all day to get my brothers 2007 ZO6 into the 11s at the track.

Im too old to buy a vette. They would say; "look another old guy in a vette"

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
no offense to the op - but my gosh these threads get old - lol :D

seriously, if these issues eat people alive at night, try positioning yourself financially to own both in the future. talk to a financial advisor, get yourself and your life in order, and make smart decisions.

honestly, with the markets where they are....this is huge opportunity to make things right. maybe worry less about a car today and worry more about financial freedom 5/10/15/20 years down the road. this is a great day to clean the slate :beer:

Jroc

Established Member

x2.

Sell it. You obviously don't appretiate the car, and it would be better off with someone who does. If you "NEED" more performance than what a 03/04 Cobra is capable of offering then your a pretty damn big performance minded MoFo. If you want a Vette there's nothing wrong with that, but since you don't want to keep your Cobra why do you want us to try and talk you out of selling it?

Last edited:

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Com' on, you know you want to...
corvette_c6_z06_with_360_forged_wheels_2-568-426.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread