Tampa folks...where are you?

gtmuscle

Established Member
My son and I are going to MOSI from Brandon. Anybody want to run over with us we usually meet somewhere first and then go in together so we can park together. Need to get there before 9:00 though so you do not get parked in the dirt!!!!

Also the NPD Mustang & Ford roundup is in January. This usually has about 1000 to 1200 cars and is a two or three day event staring on a Friday. We may cruise up Friday morning and go to the NPD facility and cruise to Cedar Key with about 150 cars and then go to show, or cruise up Friday afternoon and stay at a hotel as the show starts early and good spots go quick. This is a good one to bring family as the park is open too and you get to do all the stuff for free if you are in the first 1000 cars preregistered.

Last edited:

TRDNiteLife

UVBNBIT
Established Member
My son and I are going to MOSI from Brandon. Anybody want to run over with us we usually meet somewhere first and then go in together so we can park together. Need to get there before 9:00 though so you do not get parked in the dirt!!!!

Also the NPD Mustang & Ford roundup is in January. This usually has about 1000 to 1200 cars and is a two or three day event staring on a Friday. We may cruise up Friday morning and go to the NPD facility and cruise to Cedar Key with about 150 cars and then go to show, or cruise up Friday afternoon and stay at a hotel as the show starts early and good spots go quick. This is a good one to bring family as the park is open too and you get to do all the stuff for free if you are in the first 1000 cars preregistered.

There are already over 1,000 preregistered.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member

The Wife and I are taking the cars out to MOSI too!

Anybody from Brandon/Riverview or anywhere else is more than welcome to meet us at Bob Evans (hwy60 & I75) for breakfast on Saturday around 7am.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Im also in Tampa and also work at MacDill. I drive a Black 08 GT500 coupe. I hit a few car shows here and there when im in town. I usually park around the commissary area. Shot me a text if ya want....813-325-9640..

Bo

gtmuscle

Established Member
The Wife and I are taking the cars out to MOSI too!

Anybody from Brandon/Riverview or anywhere else is more than welcome to meet us at Bob Evans (hwy60 & I75) for breakfast on Saturday around 7am.

I can meet you there at around 7:45 after you eat. It takes roughly 30 minutes from there to get to MOSI. We do not want to get there much later than 8:30 or all the prime spots will be taken and we will end up in the dirt which will negate the 5 hours I spent cleaning one car and the 5 hours I will spent tonight and tomorros cleaning the other.

Just as an intoduction I have the silver anniversary cobra who cruised with you at the S&R poker run. If you pm me we can exchange #'s and run to MOSI together.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
i live on fletcher avenue.... look for a black 01 cobra with a white hood LOL...

i planned to make the mosi show, but dunno if my transmission shifter will be here in time... doh. i will definately be walking around the show so if i see any cars i recognize, i will stop and say hi.

mustangjunkie

Mach 1 *****
Established Member
Well a few of us are meeting up depending on the weather. Cant wait to meet some of you guys this weekend. Holler if you guys wanna do something friday night or somethin.

bullitt1238

Established Member
Well a few of us are meeting up depending on the weather. Cant wait to meet some of you guys this weekend. Holler if you guys wanna do something friday night or somethin.

meeting up at the burger king parking lot on the corner of busch and florida ave. at about 7:30-7:45

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
If you guys get anything pretty decently big going on during a weekend, lemme know.

I live in Orlando, but its not too bad of a drive to Tampa... I'll likely just spend the weekend in Tampa with some friends that live there.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
For those not showing at the MOSI show there are a few gatherings around this weekend:

FRIDAY > at DQ Grill & Chill in Citrus Park, 8410 Citrus Park Dr, Tampa. From 6-9pm. Free ice cream for the cruiser, door prizes, 50/50, cool oldies music. Come early for a good spot. Due to limited parking, please do not reserve spaces. Thank you.
Friday Oct 30th is the yearly Halloween show at DQ, with 3 trophies. Spread the word, it's gonna be spooky.

SATURDAY > Advance Auto Parts...located at 8317 Rustic Dr, Tampa, off Waters Ave across from Wal-Mart, just west of SR 589. From 6-9pm. Free hot dog and drink for the cruiser, plus lots of great door prizes, 50/50 and cool oldies music. This show is growing. Advance says we can start doing "burnouts" in the back lot. Woo Hoo...burnin rubber! A great place to hang out and have fun.

THIS SUNDAY > is the 4th Sunday....> the Oldsmar Flea Market car show is from 11am - 3pm, at the corner of Tampa Rd and Race Track Rd in Oldsmar, enter off Race Track Rd. Lots of door prizes for men and women. Great location, food and drinks, cool oldies music and 50/50. Shop for everything at bargain prices, many shops to look in, everything from A - Z, you'll find just about anything.

These obviously are not big shows, but something to kill the time and talk cars. I will probably be at SAT nights show.....

Nate's7.3

Established Member
Did take the GF out sat night but could not find a damn thing other than cars on the causeway but I hate that spot. Went Franklin, Gandy, down over near Bayshore and all.

Any idea for next time? Been a while since I actually took the car out for a night.

twhitey

Established Member
Keep going out you need to meet a few people, the spot seems to rotate away from the crowds

Nate's7.3

Established Member
Keep going out you need to meet a few people, the spot seems to rotate away from the crowds

Thats the thing I dont like going out. Was big into that sceen years ago and it was more trouble than worth for the most part, rather just cruise around from time to time and see if anyone is out these days.

Not a group meeting or gathering kind of person when it comes to car functions.

Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread