Tampa tuner?

OBX Steve

Banned
Looking for a tuner in the tampa area for some dyno pulls. Posted in the taste of home threads but that place is a freakin cemetery. I know there's a lot of mid Florida action in here so if anyone could help out I'd appreciate it.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Any reason you want dyno pulls? These ecu's are pretty advanced, makes a mail order tune just as good if not better considering the amount of time some tuners have invested in making tunes.

I would go with AED (Shaun)which is an email tune.Great tune, customer service, and datalogging.

There are some local people who tune, they are hobbyist though, not saying they are not good tuners, they just don't run a business for tuning. I would mention their screen names but some people prefer their privacy. Maybe they will chime in, or maybe someone more who is closer to them will help you out with contact info.

muchv8wow

Established Member
I would try MPT but theyre out in orlando, there's a place in largo called ford speed racing which is also good!

04compgt

Established Member
A street tune or mail order tune is just as good as a dyno tune on these cars. The ecu has bank to bank widebands, knock sensors and very advanced data logging capabilities. The only benefit to a dyno tune will be the ability to optimize cam timing, but there are ways to see what works better by datalogging certain parameters without the need of a dyno. I particularly tune my own car at the track as my preference. I feel that is more real world result than a number on a dyno.

Sick_Mustang

Established Member
Whatever you do, make sure you take it to someone who has extensive knowledge on the coyote platform.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
You should check out VMP Tuning in Deltona. I have been more than happy with my tune from them.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Tuner's Inc. in Jacksonville. Tony can remote tune it if you have a local guy with a dyno.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
No need for remote tunes or to drive across the state when you live on the gulf coast! :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread