Tattoo question

Evenflow

Established Member
I found an image online that I absolutely LOVE and want to get inked on my shoulder. Problem is, what if this image is copyrighted? There was someone else that asked the artist that drew the picture what the chances of getting inked are, and he said "slim to none".

What happens if I get the image inked? Is there any sort of "copyright" for getting the tattoo. It is basically a Spartan warrior helmet. I figure if the dude posts the picture on the internet its fair game.

divided

Established Member
I have a bunch of tats and never had a artists ask about copyrights. Everything people get tatoos of is really copyrighted. Minus original pieces of course. Id say it really depends on who you go to.

Evenflow

Established Member
I'm not talking about the tattoo artist. I'm talking about the person that drew the image, whoever it is. What if I get a tattoo of the image they drew without their consent?

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
its not like they are going to know....just get it if you want to get it.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
First off? How would the even know you took it from them. Second Off, as a graphical designer. If I saw my designs inked on someone. I'd be more pleased than not.

I actually have a tattoo of Thor's Hammer a "Mjöllnir" that I found on Google images. Never had a problem with the tattoo artist asking where I got the image. And whoever originally made the picture hasn't contacted me about it.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I found an image online that I absolutely LOVE and want to get inked on my shoulder. Problem is, what if this image is copyrighted? There was someone else that asked the artist that drew the picture what the chances of getting inked are, and he said "slim to none".

What happens if I get the image inked? Is there any sort of "copyright" for getting the tattoo. It is basically a Spartan warrior helmet. I figure if the dude posts the picture on the internet its fair game.

Where did you find the pic?

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
dude dont even worry about, no one fugging cares man. Get whatever the hell you want and call it a day. Noone's gonna sue you because you got their art or image tattooed on your body.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
You know how ford got kocky shut down? They are now sending their lawyers to get everyone to remove all tattoos that resemble their copyrighted images:dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana:

divided

Established Member
I'm not talking about the tattoo artist. I'm talking about the person that drew the image, whoever it is. What if I get a tattoo of the image they drew without their consent?

I was trying to give you the benefit of doubt. But now all I have for you is:

facepalm.jpg

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Yeah, while you're in there, make sure you buy the extended Tattoo warranty so if you get sued by the original artist, youll get your money back for the ink work.

Users who are viewing this thread