Taurus SHO police car- Redding, CT Beware!

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
Just a heads up. I spotted a black unmarked Taurus SHO which had somebody pulled over for a traffic stop in Redding, CT. Really sharp looking car with the hideaway lights in the grill and winshield. First time spotting the new SHO, yet alone one used for police duty.

Any LEO's here currently using the new SHO in their depts?

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
Those cars are rediculously priced... How in the heck did the budget nazi's let that one fly...

Side note..... where are the pix?

ThinkTwice

Slow 2V
Established Member
Those cars are rediculously priced... How in the heck did the budget nazi's let that one fly...

The only rationale I can see is that it is in a wealthy area in Fairfield county, CT hence the budget to purchase one? :shrug:

I'd love to have taken a picture as I was driving by on my cameraphone. Is that considered illegal? or is just talking on one and driving? lol

Black01Vert

Established Member
no sho, but i was suprised to see an unmarked mountaineer pulling someone over :dw:

Cobra2001X

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised at all. Law Enforcement has a lot better equipment than most people would think. One example would be some cars they have on the highways like Mustang and vettes.

flattrack53

Established Member
In ocean city maryland last year, I got pulled over by a 2002 Saleen sc281...It turns out they got that car from a drug bust. He told me in Ocean City if they catch you with drugs, they keep your car and will not give it back. He let me off with a warning, but pretty cool that he knew what his car was and telling me all of the mods the previous owner put on it. That supercharger sounded good :)

stangposse

Established Member

Even worse is the question "WHY?" Aside from the occassional husband throwin his wife in a woodchipper, there are like 4 crimes a year in Redding, CT. What a waste!!!!!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
In ocean city maryland last year, I got pulled over by a 2002 Saleen sc281...It turns out they got that car from a drug bust. He told me in Ocean City if they catch you with drugs, they keep your car and will not give it back. He let me off with a warning, but pretty cool that he knew what his car was and telling me all of the mods the previous owner put on it. That supercharger sounded good :)

When I had my car dynoed there was a white 2000 mustang gt with a intercooled Vortech and a built motor getting work done. It was unmarked but had the LED lights in the grill and the windshield. The passenger side seat was removed and there was a laptop computer and other police related equipment in its place. Pretty cool. It also had a 2000 Cobra R body kit on it.

flattrack53

Established Member
When I had my car dynoed there was a white 2000 mustang gt with a intercooled Vortech and a built motor getting work done. It was unmarked but had the LED lights in the grill and the windshield. The passenger side seat was removed and there was a laptop computer and other police related equipment in its place. Pretty cool. It also had a 2000 Cobra R body kit on it.

No one ever believes me when I say they have some really nice and somewhat exotic cars as unmarked police cars. This year they had an escalade with 26" wheels and all that stupid chrome trim crap. Some kid probably lost that mustang gt down in sr. week if he had a little pot on him or something.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
wow thats about 45 min from me but ill have to watch out now...i am used to the chargers and the durangos, but not a SHO, that is siickkk..

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member

That's actually a pretty good idea. But there should be some sort of requirement, ie: obvious drug dealers car, not some kid with a gram of weed. If this idea were widespread, think of all the money that would be saved. :idea:

Talk about undercover! You would never think an S281 or AMG would have a cop in it.

jshen

Established Member
Given the price, that may have been a forfeiture car as well. We cannot just take a vehicle or house- for that matter. We have to tie that property to the use/facilitation of drug crime. Also, we take "subject to" the rights of the lien holder. So if we want to pay off the lien, AND we file a civil condemnation suit- we obtain title to vehicle, house, airplane, boat, etc..The exotic stuff is sold at auction here as they are too valuable for street use and taxpayers would have legitimate bitch

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread