Tax Season - Whatcha grabbing?

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Last year I got taken for $6,000. Hopefully this year its not so bad.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought a Bergara B14 Hunter .270 and Leupold V3i optic for it. Will be paying off a few bills, probably sinking a bit into the house also.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Granite countertops and a trip to the RBC Heritage tournament.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Last year I got taken for $6,000. Hopefully this year its not so bad.

$5600.00 for me.. I paid lots extra per week to avoid this in 2018.. Be happy to get a new flywheel for cobra. If I'm that lucky!!!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Haven't done my taxes yet so not sure how much I'm getting, but at least some of it will be going to vinyl wrap the Miata.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
paying off the truck, paying down CC debt (it's not much), or buying furniture for the new house.

Mike's03Mach

Established Member
Hopefully I get back $2-3k, still waiting for one more W-2. Plan on paying off a vehicle which will save me $240 a month and the rest on CC's.

DropSVT

Established Member
Either 2.9 whipple or tvs haven't made my mind up yet

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Not sure how much I'll be getting back yet, have a huge amount to claim on my rental due to Harvey flooding plus we had our first kid last year. If it's good I'll probably pay off the last bit on the Cobra and throw some into the rental repair pot.

03terminatorcobra

Established Member
wanted to do a ported blower and supporting mods to get me above 500 but sadly i cant. guess ill have to save through out the year.

CV355

_
Established Member
We just got our taxes done- looks like a $4500 return. No plans as of yet- probably going to put it towards savings.

Remember, 2018 tax bill went through- best to re-evaluate your W4s

08mojo

Established Member
$5600.00 for me.. I paid lots extra per week to avoid this in 2018.. Be happy to get a new flywheel for cobra. If I'm that lucky!!!

Wife and I have Zeros across the board for our withholdings, and we voluntarily pay above the standard withholding. Last year we roughly broke even. We were on-track to break even again this year until my wife's employer decided to give a bonus early (Dec 2017 vs Mar 2018) due to the new Trump tax plan... Now, we owe! It makes me sick to see how much of our money goes to taxes and to see/read about the people it supports.

I'd be happy to pay the same, or more, in taxes if I got choose where the money went!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I miss the days of getting money back at the end of the year. On the bright side, i can rest well knowing thr giverment is not getting interest on my over payments.

Unless you use tax season as a savings plan you would be best to pay minimal amounts. Tax gurus can help you figure that stuff out in a couple hours.

Stanger00

Established Member
Just some boring stuff for the house. Some concrete work, hardscape and landscaping for the front yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrandy

Established Member
Question for all the people that cut a big check at the end of the year; are you guys making quarterly estimated payments?

My wife owns a business and we typically pay quarterly to avoid a huge payment at the end of the year (and avoid the penalty).

However, we typically get a few thousand back since we chose to overpay instead of underpay.

Russo

Unofficial Glass Tech
Established Member
Question for all the people that cut a big check at the end of the year; are you guys making quarterly estimated payments?

My wife owns a business and we typically pay quarterly to avoid a huge payment at the end of the year (and avoid the penalty).

However, we typically get a few thousand back since we chose to overpay instead of underpay.

we pay out 940 and 941 Quarterly. Sales and Use Tax is monthly...

Users who are viewing this thread