Teksid / 10.5:1 / Fox Lake heads / 2.3 TVS

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Ive been quiet about this so far but figured it was time to post up. Its been in the works for a little over a month now.

Some know that I lost my stock motor after 8 years, 32k miles and 600+ track passes. I was getting water in the oil back in May 2011. Raced it all season changing the oil and it finally got worse in October 2011 so I decided to take it apart. I found a crack in cylinder #3.

Since my car is race only I decided to go with the aluminum Teksid block for my build to save some weight. I wasnt planning on going to wild but it has morphed on its own and become quite the build. Some things are still unknown and I'll just decide as i go.

Details

Dropped the block and crank off a few weeks ago @ L&M Engines in PA to do the shortblock. The heads arrived @ MHS today. Both places should be done end of Jan / beginning of Feb. I'm slowly getting little things in here to finish it up like new coil covers, ARP head studs etc. Debating the cam specs right now. Here is what I know so far for spec's

- Teksid 4.6 Aluminum Modular Block (96 Cobra)
- Stock Stroke Cobra Crank (double keyed & studded)
- 10.5:1 compression, Custom Diamond domed pistons w/ valve reliefs
- Olive Billet I-Beam Rods
- Stage 3 Heads from Fox Lake
- Custom cams by Mike @ L&M Engines
- ARP everything, Head studs, Side bolts, main cap etc
- TSS oil pump w/ billet gears)

As of right now the stock blower will go back on for break in. I have NO IDEA what to expect. A bigger blower is deff in the works but not sure when or maybe its a secret......

The goal is 8.99 on boost only.

As for odds and ends Im having some stuff powder coated and painted and the engine bay is being smoothed over and painted Ignot Silver (newer Ford oem color)

This was the scene today...

DSC_5946.jpg

DSC_5947.jpg

DSC_5948.jpg

DSC_5949.jpg

DSC_5950.jpg

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Nice, might want to figure the power adder before having the cams ground. That being said, I'm going with VMP's TVS with some experimenting by Brian.:pop:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Nice, might want to figure the power adder before having the cams ground. That being said, I'm going with VMP's TVS with some experimenting by Brian.:pop:

well regardless it will be a 2.3, 2.9 or 3.4 that I will run in the next 5 years. The cams are for a specific rpm range and a blower. If I was going turbo it would be different.

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
looks like your girl dropped her top ;) clean engine bays are so much nicer!!!!

a VMP TVS would be interesting on top of it.......

jetmech

Established Member
Dude that sounds like one hell of an engine. If you're taking suggestions, look into a Procharger F1A or F3R and mount it like some of the SSO guys that have it gear driven and the inlet is facing foward. Run E85 and that thing will make serious power!

04svtsnke

Established Member
I'm another one in for a maxxed out vmp tvs. With your setup on race has I have no doubt you'll cross 800 rwhp. Plenty enough in your hands to make a 8.99 pass all blower.

Edit:forgot you have an auto, even with that 700's are easily possible.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Yeah, that's what I meant. I knew for sure you wouldn't go turbo.

I wanted too....turbo is my end all for sure. If I did a basic build it would be getting a turbo...but since Im porting the heads and doing cams and the Billet rods....will have to be a blower for now

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I'm another one in for a maxxed out vmp tvs. With your setup on race has I have no doubt you'll cross 800 rwhp. Plenty enough in your hands to make a 8.99 pass all blower.

Edit:forgot you have an auto, even with that 700's are easily possible.

Id like to see 700-725 on 20-22psi. That on my car should be very close to an 8.99

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
owners like you ..... which make these Terminators Legondary.:bowdown:

GL w/new combo.:beer:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I put these up a couple weeks ago in the Xmas thread...got them for Xmas to match my hood...

DSC_5937.jpg

DSC_5938.jpg

and the GT covers

DSC_5939.jpg

DSC_5940.jpg

Blackedout

Established Member
There is NO DOUBT you will turn some fast times... :D

Did I hear somebody say PROCHARGER.... :banana:

my92gt

Established Member
I knew u would be going with the aluminum teksid!!! Great build I definitely will be keeping an eye on this thread!!

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Awesome looking covers!! Where did you get that done and how much $ if you dont mind?

Users who are viewing this thread