Teksid / 10.5:1 / Fox Lake heads / 2.3 TVS

foxman92

Its slow
Established Member
what kind of power do you plan to make on the Eaton with this setup? reason i ask, is im doing a similar build to my car.. im not porting my heads/and still undecided about what cams to run.. i love the pic of your car launching!!! mine is a silver one also, and i wanna leave the line hard enough to lift the wheels.. lol.. little goal i have for this season, and to run deep into the 10's.. anyways.. lol

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
what kind of power do you plan to make on the Eaton with this setup? reason i ask, is im doing a similar build to my car.. im not porting my heads/and still undecided about what cams to run.. i love the pic of your car launching!!! mine is a silver one also, and i wanna leave the line hard enough to lift the wheels.. lol.. little goal i have for this season, and to run deep into the 10's.. anyways.. lol

I honestly have no idea...Ive seen a high compression eaton go 570whp but I have a feeling the ported heads might hurt the eaton. if it does bad all the more reason to get something else on it quick!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Got my Scott Rod Fab stuff today and dropped it off @ DMC. They already welded up all the other holes on the car and should be done tomorrow if not Monday then it goes to the body shop for a little smoothing and some Ingot Silver Paint!

DSC_5952.jpg

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
been a little quiet up here in the northeast but finally have some progress. Most people wouldnt go to this extent but I just couldnt bear looking at it with the motor out. I already posted the before pics but here we go again side by side

Before
DSC_5947.jpg

After....how thats for a comparison!
DSC_5956.jpg

DSC_5958.jpg

Had them weld up alot of the seams as well like where the core support meets the body
DSC_5957.jpg

Made sure they got it all so when I do the whole car this is already done
DSC_5959.jpg

On the backs of the new inner fenders I had them put a couple studs to help with mounting whatever I need to.
DSC_5960.jpg

Was a bit more than I wanted to spend but very happy with the outcome. The color is Ingot Silver which is found on the newer Fords.
Now to run new brake lines and hide the wiring....oh boy....

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
So sick!!! It's going to look killer with a wire tuck!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
oh and almost forgot....Ive had these for a while and just didnt have the right tool (or nerve) to cut them to length. If you know my car Ive had blue painters tape on the door bars for EVER. Put real CF covers on them so now Im good to go

DSC_5962.jpg

DSC_5961.jpg

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Damn Jake, thats sick.... I'll be following your build for sure. Did you get the heads done from Nick at MHS? I've been to his house and he does some amazing work!

BTW, the VMP TVS will be on my car VERY soon, so i'll have some high boost #'s to share with you!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Damn Jake, thats sick.... I'll be following your build for sure. Did you get the heads done from Nick at MHS? I've been to his house and he does some amazing work!

BTW, the VMP TVS will be on my car VERY soon, so i'll have some high boost #'s to share with you!

nice...they are currently in Nicks possession for Stage 2 :banana:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
well looks like my car was hurting alot more than I thought in the end. Nick @ MHS found a problem with my heads.

Damaged head bolt boss. Only seen this on a few sets of heads and all were hammered on race motors. The head bolt washer is getting pulled into the aluminum, you can see the step in the aluminum from the washer here. This can be made flat again easily in a mill. However it is not a casting I would use again in a highly boosted motor as its only going to happen again. The castings do not last forever under the extreme power levels being run at these days. This casting after being repaired I would have no problem using in a milder NA motor, but not something making near 1000RWHP.

e427de03.jpg

that area should be flat like this

Screenshot2012-02-07at93118PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread