Tell me about it

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by boostm3
You know, I dynoed 290 rear wheel torque, which is like 350 crank torque, so you dont have that big a torque advantage.
If you're looking at my sig, that is RWTQ. 350 vs 290 at the wheels is a big advantage, IMO :-D

ZXnVS

Established Member
In regards to quality, I was looking at an Acura before I heard about the Cobra, and when I mentioned BMW the salesman showed me a recent issue of Consumer Reports where BMW scored very low for reliability. I was shocked. I had always assumed that Beemers were the pinnacle (or close) if you could afford them, but I guess they've got their problems, too.

boostm3

Established Member
>>If you're looking at my sig, that is RWTQ. 350 vs 290 at the wheels is a big advantage, IMO <<

Yes, it is. So is 500 pounds in weight!! And 410 crank hp with a 3200 lb car is nice also. But its that torque and the shape of the curve that is awsome. Youre torque curve is a huge hump all the way across the band, whereas mine is flat, which isnt bad, but it sure doesnt have the area under it that yours has. BTW, how much of the good ol V8 burble is lost to the Eaton? at what rpm levels?

>> but I guess they've got their problems, too.<<

You got that right. There' aint no such thing as a trouble free make. Hell, I even had a '92 Maxima that needed a new engine block after just a few years! Even the japanese arent immune!

ZXnVS

Established Member
BTW, how much of the good ol V8 burble is lost to the Eaton? at what rpm levels?

The stock exhaust is very quiet (and, hence, very restrictive), so you don't hear the engine much at any RPM level. The supercharger kicks in based on the amount of throttle you give it, not at a certain RPM. The magazines were complaining about it, but I think it sounds cool.

At any rate, an aftermarket exhaust will net you more power and give you more rumble. I've kept mine stock (for the time being), so I can't tell you if it would drown out the blower whine.

Users who are viewing this thread