temp problem

whitefiveo

Established Member
my temp seems to fluctuate alot since it had gotten really hot here now, i've been reading alot of threads about having to burp the system, my car is a 95 cobra and was wondering if that is needed to be done for my year, or just newer cobras?

whty98

Established Member
Burping the cooling system is done when you replace the coolant, did you recently do this? The stock gauge is crap, get a nice autometer gauge and you will have an accurate temp reading.

whitefiveo

Established Member
my radiator cap crapped out on me and was leaking alot. so i replaced the cap and just added fluid in the radiator and the overflow, i wasnt sure if i had to burp the system on a 1995. I cant find any info on it

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Under the how to section http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/how-319/477215-burping-cooling-system.html I would say no unless you need to flush your coolant.

UM... thats the procedure for a MOD MOTOR.. a 5.0 doesn't even have a crossover tube....

All you do is start the car up with the radiator cap off and let the air bubbles bubble out.. It will take about ten minutes before the thermostat opens... As soon as the radiator starts overflowing, shut the car off and put the cap on... done.

whitefiveo

Established Member
Thanks blown by you. Every time i read the burping procedure, i was like wtf is the crossover tube... I probably need to flush my system and add new its a 95 and probably never been done before...

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
No problem.. just unscrew the drain petcock on the rad... after that drains pull the lower radiator hose and a couple more gallons will come out..

This forum really should be divided up between 94-95's/96-98's to eliminate confusion like this

crash549

kill whitey
Established Member
off the subject but did you go with spoiler or no spoiler? lol. that was a long thread.

quick94gt

Fobranator
Established Member
to burp a 94-95 you have to jack up the driver front (to make the filleer the highest point) let it idle until the stat opens, then squeeze the upper radiator hose for a few minutes, you have to do this quite a bit to get all the air out, even a little air will make a 5.0 run hot, but once you do this it should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread